VrayEdges Tex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayEdges Tex

Has anyone else had problems with VrayEdges Tex working on proxy objects? Is there a work-around?

All my proxies have a MSO Mat with several subobject mats.

Try creating an object (or several objects to form one main object) for instance, I created a chair with 3 materials; 1- fabric, 2- leather, 3- chrome. the leather has the edgeTex in the bump and renders just great when it isn't a proxy. But once I create the proxu, poof-there goes my edge tex.

See the attached images. The first one is before I created the proxy, the second is after. Notice the same material is on the zig-zag piece and the edge works great.
    Attached Files

Strange. What are your EdgesTex settings? Is the width in world units, or pixels? I don't see why this shouldn't work with proxies... strange.

Best regards,
    A.
    credit for avatar goes here

Comment

It will not work on proxies for now; this is because when used as a bump map, VRayEdgesTex needs information for the entire mesh - obviously this is not possible with a proxy.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello Vlado,

are there plans to support VRayEdgesTex on proxies in the future? Because we are often using plugins like RailClone and Forest Pro and EdgesTex doesn´t work here too. This would be a great addition, especially for heavy scenes.
        Thanks,
        Thomas

Comment

Hi,

I was looking into this myself just now and it seems this feature has been implemented in more recent versions of Vray!
          Vrayedgestex now works on vrayproxies. So with vrayInstancer, Railclone and ForestPro as well!
          I created a thread on the Itoo-forum with some more info relating to ForestPro and Railclone: http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=3724.0

Thanks Vlado, for this very nice feature!

Cheers,
          Tim

Comment

Does VRayEdges work on XREF scenes ok?
            Kind Regards,
            Richard Birket
            ----------------------------------->
            http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Yes, it should work fine with xRef scenes.
              Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X