GPU benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
    I quickly jumped in gDocs and did a spreadsheet with the data.
    It should be shared and editable by anyone here :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I think the image should be updated automatically every-time we add info, so this could be a good way to have users input :

Stan
    Heya Stan...My benchmark stays at the bottom...how am I messing this up?

Thanks,

-Alan

Comment

• Hey mate,
      Seems to be on top for me now, I guess you fixed it.
      It's all driven by the seconds in the B column.

If you like, you can just put your results at the end and click on Column B and "Sort Sheet A->Z" and it will sort everything out automatically for you.

Cheers
      3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
        Hey mate,
        Seems to be on top for me now, I guess you fixed it.
        Hey, you're right! Cool...

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
        If you like, you can just put your results at the end and click on Column B and "Sort Sheet A->Z" and it will sort everything out automatically for you.

Cheers
        Nice. Thanks, Stan.

-Alan

Comment

• Rendering to make my scores...

PNY Quadro K4200
          NVidia 347.52
          V-RAY RT 3.10.03
          648.604 KPaths/s
          4m40.4s

MSI GTX 680 2Gb Black
          NVidia 347.52
          V-RAY RT 3.10.03
          919.100 KPaths/s
          4m15.5s

Chart Updated.
          Living in my VrayPhysicalCam, with low Exposure settings... Now with Lightmapping.
          Spanish V-Ray 3.0 Licensed Instructor
          Artefaktos 3D&FX School
          @artefaktos3d

Comment

• Just added the TITAN X to the chart - 347.88 - 1m 54s.
            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

• That's cool!

So the titan X is not that much more impressive as the 780Ti or the old titan. The Titan Z is still way beyond.
              I guess the real advantage is finally having more ram to it.

Well done guys, the charts looks better and better, so much easier to buy well advised

Stan
              3LP Team

Comment

• Not impressive but still the fastest single GPU card Keep in mind that this is the first driver release .. Things can change in the near future (we've seen miracles with newer drivers on some cards).
                If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                Chaos

Comment

• I hoped it to be better.

But having 12GB of memory in a single card is something that still makes it better than dual 970/980. At least for our needs.

We've just bought 5x970 for lighter scenes rendering and ordered one Titan X for heavier stuff. Will test it out too .

Best,
                  @wyszolmirski | Dabarti | FB | BE

Comment

• Ok. I did a test and here it is:

GTX 970 - 3m15s
                    5 x GTX 970 via DR - 46s

On 347.88 drivers.
                    @wyszolmirski | Dabarti | FB | BE

Comment

• The 780 Ti result in the table seems over-inflated, it's significantly faster than my own 780ti, and faster than a 980? That can't be right...?

Comment

• 780ti has more CUDA cores than 980, so the results seems plausible to me. Are you sure you are not comparing 780 vs 780ti ?
                        V-Ray fan.
                        Looking busy around GPUs ...
                        RTX ON

Comment

• My biggest problem with all the new cards is that after all these years, we are not seeing significant bang-for-the-buck improvements in GPU rendering speed - indeed, RT/GPU rendering speed per dollar spent has only gotten worse.

Witness that my 2 "vintage" GTX580s render the benchmark in 103 seconds, and cost me 1000$ to buy. Yet the Titan Z, which costs 3 times more, at 63 seconds doesn't even render at twice the speed of my 580s!

C'mon, 3k$ for a game card? That's ridiculous. Yes, I know it has lots of RAM, but still the price just seems crazy to me. We all know how much cheaper RAM is these days compared to years ago.

It is very disappointing, but not surprising after speaking with nVidea a number of times at Siggraph.

Waiting for a saviour...

-Alan
                          Last edited by Alan Iglesias; 20-03-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by savage309 View Post
                            780ti has more CUDA cores than 980, so the results seems plausible to me. Are you sure you are not comparing 780 vs 780ti ?
                            I didn't realise the 780ti had more cores, that would explain it, I just assumed the 980s were faster. The 780ti in the chart is actually my result I think, but there's another 780ti posting here that comes in 30 seconds faster at 1:43, that's the one I was doubting.

I wonder if part of the problem (and this fits in with what Alan is saying above) is that RT GPU has got slower as more and more features have been added? I think comparisons are only really valid on same versions of max/vray/drivers.

Comment

• Hi mate,
                              This is my post you're referring to, and the times are legit.
                              That card was literally incredible.
                              The main reason was that that card is one of the highest OC card straight in factory and on top of that I was able to manually OC it even more 15%.

With that card I rendered this animations :
                              http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...-Archviz-BF-LC

I found this card so incredible that I wanted to purchase more of them but it has been discontinued since as the GTX9XX came out.
                              So I went for 3 GTX 970, but they are equal to 2 of those GTX780Ti.

Stan
                              3LP Team

Comment

• V-Ray RT GPU CUDA might render a bit slower than 2.4, but it produces different result too (a result that is closer to the production than before), so they can't be directly compared.
                                We do try to keep the GPU speed constant as we add more and more features (for the next SP for example, we plan to add more stuff like displacement, subdivision, tex baking, more procedurals (composite, remap, multiply/divide, texbeizer(labeled as output modifier in max) and more), GGX/GTR BRDF, round edges, anisotropy, UDIM textures, probably paging and more and at the same time to improve the performance).
                                V-Ray fan.
                                Looking busy around GPUs ...
                                RTX ON

Comment

Working...
                                X