to many open files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to many open files

we have a few assets with udim texturing the assets have 120 plus uv spaces with and if we render them together textures get dropped
    we have this message in our log
    we have converted the texture files to tiled exr format

annot read image file "/flock/proj/war/shottree/assets/misc/3d/maya/sourceimages/Takao/takao_dirtmask/TEX/Takao_Dirtmask_out.1060.exr". Too many open files.
    Warning: Bitmap file "/flock/proj/war/shottree/assets/misc/3d/maya/sourceimages/Takao/takao_dirtmask/TEX/Takao_Dirtmask_out.1060.exr" failed to load: error in file format
    Cannot read image file "/flock/proj/war/shottree/assets/misc/3d/maya/sourceimages/Takao/takao_ventmap/TEX/TakaoVentMap.1060.exr". Too many open files.
    Warning: Bitmap file "/flock/proj/war/shottree/assets/misc/3d/maya/sourceimages/Takao/takao_ventmap/TEX/TakaoVentMap.1060.exr" failed to load: error in file format

is there some limitation on how many open files vray can have?
    anyone having this problem or a solution?

we are on linux

Cheers
    Peter

V-Ray does not have any limitation, but the OS usually does. On my CentOS 5.5 setup, the default is maximum of 1024 file handles and I had similar problems; however once I increased the limit to e.g. 2048 in /etc/security/limits.conf the problems went away. You'll have to play a bit to figure out a good value - a good guide is the number of textures that you have.

Note that your particular setup may have a different way of increasing the maximum OS file handles that bypasses /etc/security/limits.conf - you'll have to talk to your sysadmin.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Increasing the limits solved the problem.

//Erik

Comment

Very well then

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X