Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Message at Render time

Hello everyone,

Guys, i am trying to figure out if this is possible to access messages that v-ray generates during render time.

i need to trace when image file is saved and where. if some one know of a way to do so - that would be great

-- in general, what i need as my end result, is to pass a message to renderpal that certain frame finished rendering, and thus it would be able to update the image-previewer (new feature in recent release or renderpal)

thanks!

The messages are written to the V-Ray log file, so perhaps you can check that. You can also force V-Ray to print all its messages to the backburner server - let me know if you need more info on that.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hey, thanks for getting back to me so quick, yeah , i saw that it prints those to LOG file, but it generates the LOG once the rendering has been completed.

at our company, we are using Renderpal, not backburner. so i was hoping to be able to "see" the output as it happens.

do you know of any way to access the "log" LIVE ?

t

Comment

The file is being written continuously and you can use tools like "tail" to see the latest messages. In any case, I assume that Renderpal still shows you the console output of 3ds Max, no?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

really? i thought that file was written once rendering was completed.

And no - unfortunately, 3d max when rendering using vray does not produce any output, (meaningful output).
          i will try getting to the file and read the tail, i will let you know i got any luck

Comment

Well, try typing the following in the MaxScript listener before saving the scene and see what kind of output you get:
            Code:
            renderers.current.system_vrayLog_ccToDebugger=true
            and see what output you get from renderpal.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Last edited by vlado; 09-10-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

running this command in Listener gave me FALSE as an output. Is there anything as alternative i should be getting>?

Comment

Sorry, I forgot a =true at the end - I've updated my post. Executing the command will cause the V-Ray messages to be propagated to the output of 3dsmaxcmd.exe - hopefully this is what renderpal is using.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

vlado,
                  this is perfect! It worked, i get exactly what i need from the output by filtering for a string "Successfully written image file", and it works.

How and where did you find out about this command? i was looking at the renderer.current but, didn't see anything for vray...?

Comment

Originally posted by stascrash View Post
                    How and where did you find out about this command?
                    Eh, I put it in V-Ray

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

hahaah, fair enough Vlado, once again, thanks! this is a good breakthrough with our pipeline development here at the studio :0)

Comment

Working...
                      X