Single bucket stuck on IR map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single bucket stuck on IR map

Did some renders last night and noticed that on 2 of them that there was a single bucket that kept getting stuck on the IR map.
    I decided to let these 2 run over night to see how long they would go for, well it was stuck on a single bucket for over 8 hours until I cancelled it...

There are 14 cameras setup in here but it only seems to happen with 2 of the angles.

The only 'unusual' thing in the scene is Forest pack.

Max 2014 and Vray 2.40.04

Someone else had this issue recently with vray 3 and FPP and it was fixed by, I believe, a nightly build of Vray. Best email Vlado.
    Alex York
    Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
    www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, I've had these problems. I THOUGHT the new build took care of the problem, but it didn't. It's very random and seems to happen only when renderinging trees.
      I've managed to solve it temporarily by changing resolution, rendering regions and by lowering the irrmap subdivs.
      www.whiteview.se

Comment

Good news, this problem is definitely solved in the latest Nightly Build, I´ve just tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by katho3d View Post
          Good news, this problem is definitely solved in the latest Nightly Build, I´ve just tested it.
          I only solved it for the 3.0 builds; but AlexP says he's still on 2.40, so I'm guessing it's something else...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes still on 2.4
            It was better on lower resolution (1280) but at 1920 it was no good. Also seems to be intermittent.
            The thing is the bucket it gets stuck on is just glass and white wall. The surrounding buckets are all identical in terms of reflections and objects etc, wierd that that one single bucket never finishes the ir map.

Other camera angles have 3 x the number of plants in view but manage just fine

Comment

It would be best if you can get me a scene then, to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                I only solved it for the 3.0 builds; but AlexP says he's still on 2.40, so I'm guessing it's something else...

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Ok sorry, I´ve overlooked the version.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  It would be best if you can get me a scene then, to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  As is normally the case, I cant.. I'll see if I can put together a stripped down scene that still does it

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                    As is normally the case, I cant.. I'll see if I can put together a stripped down scene that still does it
                    Thanks! It would be very helpful.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Hi, i'm also having this problem. Really strange and only with interior camera's with forestpack outside.
                      So i can contact about a nightly build?

*edit: Seems like if i unthick "divide shading subdivs" it gets stuck.
                      * edit 2: mmm nevermind just a lucky shot i guess..

latest build 3.00.05 fixed the problem for me.
                      Last edited by Jeroen Prins; 08-05-2014, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for the update.

You could request access to the Nightly Builds at support@chaosgroup.com
                        Please note that in order to gain the access you have to be Vray Advanced user and come across an issue/bug which is only fixed in the Nightly Builds.
                        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                        X