Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray SSS2 and new skin same problem in raytrace mode

Hi Vlado,

There is a problem when using the sss in raytrace, when you have crossing or intersecting geometry, it does like on the image.. so let's say the eyes where they meet the skin it make the same weird line.. so I cannot use this mode on a full character..

And there is no prepass rate (since it's raytrace) maybe you can find a workaround to correct this problem?

the problem in raytrace :
    http://www.cgfeedback.com/cgfeedback...1&d=1395333700

and it's correct in prepass mode
    http://www.cgfeedback.com/cgfeedback...1&d=1395333700

Hi Bigguns,

This result with Raytraced multiple scattering is somehow expected in my oppinion.
    Since it is object based, the scattering is calculated according to the object surface, it is the same for Object based illumination map mode. The Prepass based illumination uses method similar to the Irradiance map prepasses for its calculations and it is only computed for the portions of objects that are visible to the camera.

Maybe Vlado can add some more information for this case.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

ok, if it's normal, it's then an important limitation, since the only way to get believable eyes is to use the same prepass rate for the eye, lacrymal gland and the face so they all blend well togheter. In reality you don't have this effect ( the one of the raytrace) so it's why I'm thinking that he should come up with a fake solution or something so we can get it work on multiple object, otherwise it's only good for object single object, kinda limited I found.

Comment

Yes, we will have to find a solution for this; it is actually not too difficult to implement it, just need to find time for it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok great news Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Yes, we will have to find a solution for this; it is actually not too difficult to implement it, just need to find time for it.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            If it matters, as a Maya user, I second bigguns request. This is key for eyes, gums, etc.

Thanks Vlado!

Kind regards,
            Eduardo

Comment

I need it for wheat chunk in a cereal! And everytime some SSS matter goes through one another. hope you find time soon to do it Vlado

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
              Little Antman
              See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
              Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Greetings,

For the sake of not making a new thread I will ask this here. Will this be implemented in the final release of VRay 3.0 for Maya?

Regards,
                Eduardo

Comment

I don't know yet; hopefully yes.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Any news Vlado about that ?

Also, any news about that skin mtl 2 ? Like we discussed having the sss component not affecting the overall color of the texture, having a first refractive glossy layer so we can see the fur going throw the skin etc etc ? you should also check the Alshader of Arnold renderer, look's pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X