Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.00.06 available for download

Hello guys,

We uploaded new builds with support for 3ds Max 2015. The changelog is below. We are now working on the 2.x builds for 3ds Max 2015 and I hope they will be done by the end of the week.

Build 3.00.06 (official) (5 May 2014)
    ==============

New features:
    (*) Support for 3ds Max 2015;
    (*) Added VRayPointParticleMtl material for shading point particles from .vrmesh/Alembic files;

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: Added option to the .vrmesh exporter to automatically create a Multi/Sub-Object material when exporting multiple objects in a single file;
    (*) V-Ray RT CPU: Added lights include/exclude lists support;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Implemented showing Safe Frame when rendering in a viewport;
    (*) VRayProxy: Added option to render particles as points;
    (*) VRayProxy: Added option to enable/disable Alembic full names support in the visibility lists;
    (*) VRayProxy: Added support for hair and particles color channels from Alembic;
    (*) VRayProxy: Make the "Animation offset" parameter animatable;
    (*) VRayBump2Normal is now included in the V-Ray installation;
    (*) VFB: Added support for the "track mouse" option while rendering for progressive sampling and V-Ray RT;
    (*) VFB: The Lens Effects 3dsMax Effect plugin settings are now applied only when the 3ds Max rendered image window is used, as it clashes with the VFB Lens Effects settings;
    (*) VFB: Lens effects - the default glare type changed to "From render camera";
    (*) VFB: When the "mono" button of the VFB is pressed, the computed intensity is now based on the selected R/G/B components only;
    (*) VRayVrmatMtl: Material exporter support for VRayBlendMtl;
    (*) VRayVrmatMtl: Material exporter support for Checker and Falloff textures;

Bug fixes:
    (*) Global subdivs multiplier should be able to go down to zero;
    (*) Hair&Fur/VRayOrnatrixMod/VRayHairFarmMod: Fixed assigned materials order when rendering with multiple hair nodes and having some of them hidden;
    (*) Fixed a MaxScript system exception error when cancelling the creation of a VRayLight from the V-Ray toolbar;
    (*) Fixed issues with VRayLights and FumeFX with illumination map;
    (*) Embree: Fixed a crash with XMesh and motion blur;
    (*) DR: Rendering in DR mode with "Use local host" unchecked demanded a render node license;
    (*) DR: The "Save hosts in scene" option was not always working correctly when rendering with DR through Backburner;
    (*) V-Ray: Prevent raw image output, when enabled but empty path is provided;
    (*) V-Ray: Reflection/Refraction trace sets' Clear button was cleaning both of the lists;
    (*) V-Ray: Reflection/Refraction trace sets were not working in inclusive mode;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Progressive sampler settings were not exported in .vrscene files;
    (*) V-Ray RT: VRayParticleTex was not translated;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Region rendering with the V-Ray VFB did not work when using V-Ray RT as production renderer;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Fixed a crash when undoing delete of Forest Pro geometry while Active Shade rendering;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Fixed support of Material Frequency Particle Flow operator when rendering as production renderer;
    (*) V-Ray RT/GPU: Lens effects source channel was incorrect when re-rendering as production renderer;
    (*) VRayDisplacementMod: Fixed a very slow rendering when Noise texture with animated parameter was used;
    (*) VRayClipper: Fixed clipper's material channel ID appearance in MultiMatte render element;
    (*) VRayGLSLMtl/VRayGLSLTex: Fixed smoothstep output values outside the interpolation range;
    (*) VRayGLSLMtl/VRayGLSLTex: Newly opened shaders were not added to the recent files history after clearing history;
    (*) VRayOSLMtl/VRayOSLTex: Newly opened shaders were not added to the recent files history after clearing history;
    (*) VRayOSLTex: Fixed crash when assigned to dome VRayLight;
    (*) VRayProxy: Fixed crash with corrupt .vrmesh files with large number of voxels;
    (*) VRayProxy: Fixed wrong rendering of multiple instances with particles/hairs;
    (*) VRayProxy: Optimized loading of scene with many Alembic proxies;
    (*) VRayProxy: Optimized preview voxel loading routine;
    (*) VRayProxy: Skip proxy preview calculations if zero number of faces/hairs/particles is provided;
    (*) VRayPtex: Changing PTex cache size had no effect on rendering, 100 MB was always used;
    (*) VRayPtex: Added an option for turning off anisotropic filtering for PTex textures;
    (*) VRayStereoscopic: Rendering shade map sequences could cause crashes;
    (*) VRayIES: Fixed crash after VRayIES light was created in 3D snap mode and 3ds Max was Reset;
    (*) VRayLight: Fixed "Lock to dome orientation" option to work for nested textures;
    (*) VFB: V-Ray did not write .vrimg/.exr files if "Generate preview" was enabled, and "Memory frame buffer" was turned off;
    (*) VFB: The progressive sampler was not creating a raw .vrimg/.exr file;
    (*) VFB: The Lens Effects were not applied to images loaded from the history;
    (*) VFB: The Lens Effects were not stored in the output file;
    (*) VRayExtraTex: Cloning VRayExtraTex element didn't clone the include/exclude list;
    (*) VRayGLSLMtl/VRayGLSLTex: Ensure all user defined global variables are initialized to zero;
    (*) VRayGLSLMtl/VRayGLSLTex: Shader source files were not shown in the Asset Tracker;
    (*) VRayOSLMtl/VRayOSLTex: Shader source files were not shown in the Asset Tracker;
    (*) vrimg2exr: Fixed batch conversion output names generation;

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Excellent news for a Monday morning...! Will wait for a few brave testers, as usual.
    Alex York
    Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
    www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

No love for RT GPU?
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
        No love for RT GPU?
        There are things cooking, but they are not good for a stable build yet...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

"(*) V-Ray RT CPU: Added lights include/exclude lists support;"

Love you guys!
          Cheers,
          Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Cool list! Thanks!

Do you have some examples of usage fior this: Added VRayPointParticleMtl material for shading point particles from .vrmesh/Alembic files

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
            Little Antman
            See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
            Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Nice release, thought there would be a GGX shader added as it would be in the next release. Is this still comming.

Comment

It's in the nightly builds at the minute, I think it's officially release in the next big release, vray 3 service pack 1 which will have a few other goodies in it also.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                  It's in the nightly builds at the minute, I think it's officially release in the next big release, vray 3 service pack 1 which will have a few other goodies in it also.
                  Good to hear, how might one aquire a nighly build?

Comment

Just get in touch with support@chaosgroup.com - the only thing I'd say is that the nightly builds are less heavily tested than the releases put up in the main download section of the site, so while the nightlies may have a new feature or two, they might also have some problems introduced that the chaos guys don't know about, so it might be a tiny bit risky trying to switch and entire studio over to using one of these builds.

Comment

When I run the installer it says 3dsmax is running and I need to close it. However max isn't running and I can't continue the installation. Any ideas?
                      Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

Maybe you're running spawner as a service?
                        Kind Regards,
                        Morne

Comment

Yeah, that was it. Had to manually go in and stop the service. Thanks!
                          Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

Could you explain the workflow for the new feature: "Added option to the .vrmesh exporter to automatically create a Multi/Sub-Object material when exporting multiple objects in a single file"?

I'm currently doing this manually but it would be nice to simplify the process which it looks like you've done, I just don't understand how it works. Where does the new material go?

Thanks, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sclifford View Post
                              Could you explain the workflow for the new feature: "Added option to the .vrmesh exporter to automatically create a Multi/Sub-Object material when exporting multiple objects in a single file"?

I'm currently doing this manually but it would be nice to simplify the process which it looks like you've done, I just don't understand how it works. Where does the new material go?

Thanks, Steve
                              Before this option, when you had multiple objects selected to be combined in a single vrmesh and they were automatically created as a vrmesh, the result would be a vrmesh with only one single material (ID). That's why I attached all my objects prior to this option into one object (with the use of the attachselectedobjects from neil blevins) so I had a multisub object material in the end and I could convert to vrmesh with no problem.

NOW this option adds 2 functionalities:

1. with 'create multi/sub-object mtl' ticked: when the multiple objects are being converted into a single vrmesh, all the different materials are assigned a material ID and the automatically created proxy will have the created multi/subobject material already attached to the proxy, so when you use the pick material from objects eyedropper from the material editor you can pick that multi/subobject material.
                              2. when there are for instance 3 objects with the same material applied and 'condense multi mtl' isn't ticked, it will create 3 different IDs with the same material, resulting in a multi/subobject material with more materials than necessary and a proxy with more IDs than necessary. with this option ticked it will result in those same materials having the same ID and sharing the same material. So it is advised in most cases that this is ticked.
                              Last edited by Vizioen; 30-10-2014, 03:26 AM.
                              A.

---------------------
                              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                              X