Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayProxy impossible to create

Hello,

I try to turn a not so complicated mesh (about 670 000 faces) into VRayProxy without success. This is the first time I have this problem. I use VRay 2.40.04 with 3dsmax 2013. I setup all the export options as usual, and when I click on the "OK" button of the VRay mesh export dialog box, nothing happens except that a 1 ko .vrmesh file is created (unusable of course). And my mesh remains in the scene although I checked the Automatically create proxies option ... just weird.

Thank you for helping me out !
    Last edited by AltoR; 28-05-2014, 12:40 PM.
    BOKEH Studio

What kind of object is it? An editable mesh, an editable poly or something else?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It is an editable poly. I found that as long as I do not add a Turbosmooth modifier on it before turning it into proxy, it works fine.
      BOKEH Studio

Comment

Ok; it would be good if you can send us the proxy for investigation - the exporter seems to be crashing silently when trying to create the file.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

OK, here is the link to download the object (it is a CGRecord giveaway lamp model): http://demo.ovh.eu/fr/a7ef9cb8754734bd76d370281b0824ff/
          Thank you
          BOKEH Studio

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the file. I made a quick test as well and the scene seems to open only in 3DS Max 2014 and 2015.
            When I try 3DS Max 2013 get this error:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	852099

However, I've resaved the file in 2014 to version 2013 and the proxy conversion works fine then.

Update: can't open on the second machine as well.
            Last edited by tashko.zashev; 31-05-2014, 06:01 AM.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for the investigations Tashko. I dowloaded the .max scene again from the link I gave you above and I didn't have any problem to open it here with 3dsmax 2013.
              Please let me know if you find anything else.
              Thank you
              BOKEH Studio

Comment

Working...
              X