V-Ray 3.0 For 3ds Max Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.0 For 3ds Max Updates

A new update to V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max is now available. Check out the details on the fixes and changes in this update.

Before someone asks, this is not the big service pack yet; just a patch for some issues that came up in the official release.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

im wondering more what is holding the maya version back..?

Comment

Originally posted by FSGFX View Post
        im wondering more what is holding the maya version back..?
        Some little issues with the demo version and the final installers. But the builds are mostly done now.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi, Are you guys updating the VraySkinMtl to include a scattering in the shadows? The 3 levels of depth is good but it I find it works best with 2 levels but ist hard to get the nice orange/ red scatter in the shadow areas and maintain a thin surface. Also are you looking at including a new BRDF that would better represent skin reflective/ glossiness. Cheers
          Portfolio: www.soulty.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Before someone asks, this is not the big service pack yet; just a patch for some issues that came up in the official release.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            This big service pack you speak of is there any indication when it is going to be released and will it include GGX?

Comment

Ah, the coveted GGX... always just faintly visible somewhere near the horizon, yet not coming closer no matter how much you walk towards it...
              ---
              Sorry about that, just feels like we've been waiting for it forever... Must... stay... patient...

Originally posted by Sliver_Creations View Post
              This big service pack you speak of is there any indication when it is going to be released and will it include GGX?

Comment

Incredibly slow download times Vlado...... (checked it isn't an issue at my end).
                Jez

------------------------------------
                3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
                  Ah, the coveted GGX... always just faintly visible somewhere near the horizon, yet not coming closer no matter how much you walk towards it...
                  ---
                  Sorry about that, just feels like we've been waiting for it forever... Must... stay... patient...
                  I feel the same

Originally posted by Sliver_Creations View Post
                  It will include GGX and they are aiming for the end of october, but might take a little longer.
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by chaosmarketing View Post
                    A new update to V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max is now available. Check out the details on the fixes and changes in this update.
                    The latest update I see is may 27 2014 build 3.00.07?
                    Cheers

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
                      Incredibly slow download times Vlado...... (checked it isn't an issue at my end).
                      Same here for years. For some reason downloading files from the chaos website has always been extremely slow.
                      Alex York
                      Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                      www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, 12KB/s for me.
                        Software:
                        Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                        3ds Max 2016 SP4
                        V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                        Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
                        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
                        64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Here ultra fast donwload...

Comment

Download for 2014 didn't work - said something about Checksum of download faulty....

Retrying again now
                            Jez

------------------------------------
                            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
                              ---
                              Ehem, what is GGX? When I google it I get Gold's Gym and some other stuff that seems unrelated.

Comment

Working...
                              X