material name uppercase vs lowercase bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• material name uppercase vs lowercase bug

perhaps this was fixed in the latest release, i'm still using 2.0, so pardon me if this is already solved.

it is possible to create materials with the same name but different case in the materials editor, for example "grey" and "GREY" (it is not possible to create two materials with the same name and case, which is good =) - although there is no warning, it just quits the "rename" dialog - it would be better to have a warning)

however, when assigning from the layers panel you cannot see both materials (if I click on the "materials" column of the layers panel in rhino, and browse for the material there) - only one appears. for me it was lowercase like so: "/grey", but when i applied this material the capitalized material was applied instead, and is the one that shows in the layers panel.

and once one of these materials is assigned to a layer, and let's say objects acquire their materials from the layer, if I try to apply the OTHER material directly to one of the objects (by selecting the object and right-clicking in the material editor on the name and selecting "apply material to selection") it does not work - the capitalized material is applied instead.

this is very confusing, perhaps vray should not allow materials with the same name even if case is different.

also i was unable to use the bug report feature to submit this.

thanks,
    Last edited by fooprobe; 28-10-2014, 10:12 AM.
    emil mertzel
    vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Yeah that's no good. Shouldn't be case sensitive I don't think.

Comment

Working...
    X