Block Instance - Objects Disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Instance - Objects Disappearing

I've noticed that when I've block instanced in an object, if the case of the material names don't match the objects fail to render.

So in the block you might have a material called 'white gloss', and in the main file where the block has been inserted the material could be called 'White Gloss', the object becomes invisible on render.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I think this is not limited to blocks, at least in the example you cite. It's possible to have two different materials with different cases in the material editor which can cause issues, see my post here:

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthread.php?80247-material-name-uppercase-vs-lowercase-bug

if you are also seeing things disappear with totally different material names, then maybe it's something else.
    emil mertzel
    vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

it could be a related bug. but I'm finding objects with materials applied which might not be in the material editor (or which have case differences) simply not rendering at all (as though they were invisible).

I haven't been able to replicate when it's not a block instance.

Comment

Interesting. I've also found that imported meshes will sometimes be invisible until a vray material is applied. Wonder if all these are related somehow.
        emil mertzel
        vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

if it is an old material coming from an earlier version of Vray,it happens often.

Comment

Working...
          X