No announcement yet.

Randomize texture for each object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is already implemented in the nightlies and will be included in the next SP.

Here's a quick example of how it works, along with a scene that I'm attaching:

- add extra vray attributes to a samplerInfo node (this will expose additional outputs to the samplerInfo)
    - connect the samplerInfo.vrayRndomByID to a ramp's vCoord (if you're using a vRamp) OR uCoord (for a uRamp) | or both, if you intend to switch between ramp modes
    --> the ramp's position and color values will be the range of colors to be distributed to the objects
    --> plug the ramp into a shader and use the same shader on lots of objects

random_by_render_id.zip
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Thats really awesome! Gonna try it out.
      We've needed a good way to do this for ages. (singleSwitch really isnt optimal, and its a hassle to add more objects).

Would it be possible to get this sampleInfo fix working for shell/elements too in the future?

Thanks once again!
      CG Artist - RnD and CG Supervision at Industriromantik

Comment

If we add 1 color to the ramp, connect a texture to this color, an connect the vrayRndomByID to the V ramp, obviously, it will pick a random color from the texture, true ?
        www.deex.info

Comment

Yes, but if there's only one color in the ramp, chances are all the random colors will equal this color.
          The setup is similar to the one for hair/fur randomByStrand.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Thank you so much for this! This works great. Glad to be able to say goodbye to my old single shading switch workflow

Comment

Excellent addition,

I can get rid of my clumsy custom one.

thanks,

-K

Comment

Working...
              X