3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lukx View Post
    Ok I got the first bug... created some geometry in max 2016 when opened it in 2017 it's all messed up (in 2016 it's still okay even after saving in 2017 into 2016)

if anyone wants to test it https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0pk7kyrce...oblem.max?dl=0
    Try collapsing your stack in 2016 to an editable poly, shell and turbosmooth. Then try loading it up in 2017. This has been an issue with 3ds Max versions for years.
    Neal Biggs

3D Generalist | Freelance | Founder | Big5 Studio
    http://big5studio.com/

3ds Max 2022 - V-Ray5 Update 2.2

Comment

• Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      do not uninstall max 2017.
      My demo license ran out, i Uninstalled it properly, and it mightily messed up my dotNet: most apps wouldn't start, those i managed to fix (with deep, manual registry cleaning, uninstalling and reinstalling) still will error out and crash mid-session...
      What's aggravating is that I must have uninstalled max 2017 at least six times during the beta phase, without issue.
      I'm hoping having reset windows update and rerunning it will help, but if not, i'm facing an OS refresh...
      Wow, what a mess.

Reminds me of my scanner driver, which after installation renders a certain dll incompatible with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.

Anyway, thanks for the warning. I will wait for the SP1 which normally comes around in August. Maybe sooner if we're lucky.

Comment

• Ok guys SP1 is online for max2017
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

• Jesus christ, they call that a service pack? More like a quick patch for some bugs.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Originally posted by pixelplume View Post
            I'm happy with 2016...2014 was pretty sweet though.....kinda like AutoCAD 14 if your old enough to remember
            Still on 2013!!!!! I'm currently having to do a project on 2016 and the one thing that I loved about previous versions was working with Layers. Thanks to AD, due to all the changes they have made on the layers, I wish they would just simply stop coming up with weird concepts that make me feel behind the times, but actually make me not want to use the product at all. Is it only me, or did other old timers noticed how the spinners changed back to what it was in 2010? Anyhow, a bit frustrated here with the layers, it is not simple anymore (whine, whine, whine). I hope to be able to stay with 2013 for a while longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
              Jesus christ, they call that a service pack? More like a quick patch for some bugs.
              There were some issues causing at lot of CERs that they wanted to address quickly, there's more in the works trust me. 2017 was always going to be a buggy release with that many changes, there's so much more under the hood that's changed than just the UI and icons.
              Maxscript made easy....
              davewortley.wordpress.com
              Follow me here:
              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

• I just installed max 2017 SP1 and vray 3.40.01

I created a sphere a physical cam and a vray light, upped the sphere segments, and when trying to render I get this:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jstrob; 07-06-2016, 12:07 PM.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                Little Antman
                See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

• It's a bug in 3ds Max 2017 that happens the first time you create any object in a 3ds Max session. From then on, it's fine. It's reported to Autodesk, but it wouldn't hurt if you report it too.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• just had to try it .....second sphere works fine
                    Sean MacNintch

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      It's a bug in 3ds Max 2017 that happens the first time you create any object in a 3ds Max session. From then on, it's fine. It's reported to Autodesk, but it wouldn't hurt if you report it too.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Ok for me it's still happening no matter how many sphere I create. As soon as i upp the segment count I get this bug.

I'll try to submit it to autodesk.

Little Antman

Comment

• Anyway i think i will skip 2017 and wait for 2018 cause I don't think there is nothing I really need in the 2017 new features.

Here is Autodesk answer:

"Thank you Jocelyn for your feedback.

You will receive a confirmation email with your bug number shortly.

We regret we cannot respond directly to all bug reports and feature enhancement requests we receive, but all reports are carefully logged and tracked."

So i will never get feedback and never know if they really receive the form that took me 5 minutes to fill.
                        Last edited by jstrob; 07-06-2016, 01:34 PM.

Little Antman

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                          Jesus christ, they call that a service pack? More like a quick patch for some bugs.
                          HAHAHAHAHA! Agreed
                          Neal Biggs

3D Generalist | Freelance | Founder | Big5 Studio
                          http://big5studio.com/

3ds Max 2022 - V-Ray5 Update 2.2

Comment

• well, now that there is a vray version i tired it and so far its not too bad. you have to get used to the interface but thats ok for me, what really bugs me - and this is something i wont get used to - is that i cant use a comma anymore. even tho every value in max show up with a comma it doesnt accept inputs using a comma, i have to use a point - which is very bad cause of the german keyboard layout. this was and is still working in all our previous max versions. sp1 didnt solved the problem
                            guess i stay away from it till this is solved...
                            www.short-cuts.de

Comment

• Originally posted by Olli96 View Post
                              well, now that there is a vray version i tired it and so far its not too bad. you have to get used to the interface but thats ok for me, what really bugs me - and this is something i wont get used to - is that i cant use a comma anymore. even tho every value in max show up with a comma it doesnt accept inputs using a comma, i have to use a point - which is very bad cause of the german keyboard layout. this was and is still working in all our previous max versions. sp1 didnt solved the problem
                              guess i stay away from it till this is solved...
                              They are aware of this.....
                              Maxscript made easy....
                              davewortley.wordpress.com
                              Follow me here:
                              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

• Too bad max can't have a journal with daylies publication like Houdini because of all the plugins max is depending on... At least we have daylies for vray!
                                http://archive.sidefx.com/index.php?...213&page=index

Little Antman

Comment

Working...
                                X