3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
    It's ready when it's ready, no need to rush things. That's the biggest problem in our 'modern' society. Everything is too hasty and too many people breathing down each other's neck.
    yeah, rat race at it's finest
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

It's ready when it's ready, no need to rush things. That's the biggest problem in our 'modern' society. Everything is too hasty and too many people breathing down each other's neck.
      +1
      No need to hurry and make an half-release available. I'd rather Chaos guys take their time and not get the Autodesk syndrom
      Nicolas Caplat
      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

+1

Absolutely agree with taking the time needed - also the team taking a well deserved bank holiday . Know there are many new features with both Adv and RT and prefer Chaos be happy with everything before the release.

Comment

+1

no need to add anything more..

Comment

There are some things I am looking forward to, however, I am waiting until my daily used plug-ins are ready, too.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
              There are some things I am looking forward to, however, I am waiting until my daily used plug-ins are ready, too.
              The problem comes when there are some daily used plugins, which are waiting for Vray to release, before they can recompile their plugin...

Comment

I think the better plugin companies (itoo) have a close relationship to chaosgroup and access to prereleases so they can prepare their plugins for release too.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

VRay 3.40.01 max 2017 online

Comment

Who's going to be the first person to use 3DS MAX 2017 on a live project? I don't know if I can take these small 2016 text boxes and icons much longer. I am actually using my iPhone to take a photo so I can zoom in. I know, it is pretty sad! Also, if things are still disappearing when you try to edit them, in 2017, I will throw in the towel.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I fired it up today.....things have disappeared while editing...slowly getting used to the silly icon changes...DWG import does not remember units settings. Might as well use it as I paid for it...I dig the "all layers on" button.....new color scheme kinda hard to read sometimes but maybe it's my age catching up with me
                      Sean MacNintch

Comment

Oh and it has crashed a few times but I save a lot..seems to crash when I had two instances of max opened up...doing simple stuff...was too busy to go down that rabbit hole...sent my error reports to adesk
                        Sean MacNintch

Comment

Originally posted by pixelplume View Post
                          ...slowly getting used to the silly icon changes...
                          For years I've been saying how unchanged the interface of 3DS Max has been - now they've finally changed it, I struggle to recognise anything !

Is there a way to revert back to the old icons ? (I'm not sure I've got the will power to get through the learning curve at my age.....)
                          Jez

------------------------------------
                          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Are you serious, things still disappear? It's amazing what we put up with an tolerate. How in the heck can a software company have software that doesn't work? I mean, it not a small issue when you can't see what you are editing. Either they can't figure out how to fix it or they just don't care; it has to be one or the other.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by pixelplume View Post
                              Oh and it has crashed a few times but I save a lot..seems to crash when I had two instances of max opened up...doing simple stuff...was too busy to go down that rabbit hole...sent my error reports to adesk
                              Got the same problem
                              lots of small crashes, also on editing an edit mesh above a shell in the stack (sometimes)

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                                I am actually using my iPhone to take a photo so I can zoom in.
                                That's why I refrained from going 4K, but you could use the windows magnifier ( windows button + PLUS or MINUS )
                                A.

---------------------
                                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                                X