Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use a Maya RemapRamp node in 3ds max

Hi guys,
    Im following the V-Ray tutorials from Gnomon.https://thegnomonworkshop.com/tutori...ction-to-v-ray

Im following along with 3ds max and there is no "RemapRamp" node.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Network.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	884636

Name:	Ramp.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	884635

How can I make these in 3ds max?

Would help me a great deal.

From what I see there should be a Colorcorrection node (Remap HSV) and Gradient node (Ramp) to replicate this setup.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Tashko,

I found the colorcorrect plugin from here http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/3dsmax/

That colorcorrect should ship with VRay or max. The 3ds max color correct is a pile of shit. Thanks again for your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
        Hi Tashko,

I found the colorcorrect plugin from here http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/3dsmax/

That colorcorrect should ship with VRay or max. The 3ds max color correct is a pile of shit. Thanks again for your feedback.
        Hah yes, this plugin is very useful.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi guys,
          I would love to be able to follow along with the Gnomon: V-Ray Look Dev tutorials. The instructor, Stephen, uses Maya and V-Ray and I use 3ds max and V-Ray. The 1 thing that bothers me is I cant follow the shading technique he uses. I did recreate the velvet shader using maya and uploaded it so you can see what I would like to do in 3ds Max. Please note the flow of nodes that make the color input. There is a RemapRgbToHsv that go into a V Ramp.

If you don't want to download the google drive link then here are some screen shots.

Name:	Network.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	862358

Is it possible to make an OSL to have this technique available for 3ds max users?
          Last edited by stevejjd; 09-06-2016, 06:14 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
            Hi guys,
            I would love to be able to follow along with the Gnomon: V-Ray Look Dev tutorials. The instructor, Stephen, uses Maya and V-Ray and I use 3ds max and V-Ray. The 1 thing that bothers me is I cant follow the shading technique he uses. I did recreate the velvet shader using maya and uploaded it so you can see what I would like to do in 3ds Max. Please note the flow of nodes that make the color input. There is a RemapRgbToHsv that go into a V Ramp.

If you don't want to download the google drive link then here are some screen shots.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]30768[/ATTACH]

Is it possible to make an OSL to have this technique available for 3ds max users?
            Just from looking at your screen shot it appears that a procedural noise is given a color (one dark red and another light red). There are lots of ways of doing that which do not require a "Remap HSV." including just making two texture maps in Photoshop. Basically all it is doing is brightening and/or darkening stuff. The only part of the shader that is indispensable is the ramp driven by the facing ratio of a samperInfo node to change the color at the incident angle.

Comment

Working...
            X