Denoiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jiri.Matys View Post
    What you mean by denoise animations with frame blending or something like that in video for 3.4?
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...(Maxscript-UI)
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Does the vdenoise.exe tool require a particular file format to function properly? (eg exr or vrimg file?)
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
        Does the vdenoise.exe tool require a particular file format to function properly? (eg exr or vrimg file?)
        Yes, it works only with multi-channel OpenEXR files and .vrimg files.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've got a question about the built-in denoiser. When I render regions, my previous render in the VrayDenoiser element becomes all black. Why is that? All other elements in the dropdown list remain unchanged, only the VrayDenoiser element gets all black. Am I missing something? How can I make my previous render in VrayDenoiser remain stored when rendering regions?
          Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
            How can I make my previous render in VrayDenoiser remain stored when rendering regions?
            There is no specific reason; I need to fix this.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Ah, ok. Until then, a temporary workaround for me is to render and piece together the different region renders from the VFB in Photoshop by CTRL+C and CTRL+V. Not ideal but works.
              Last edited by Alex_M; 07-06-2016, 12:49 PM.
              Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
              AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Sorry for the probably simplistic question, but how does the denoiser vary from your typical denoising function in Photoshop or AE? I love the results, I'm just curious if it is 'talking' to GI related data or render passes to keep things sharper?

Cheers,

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by danio View Post
                  Sorry for the probably simplistic question, but how does the denoiser vary from your typical denoising function in Photoshop or AE? I love the results, I'm just curious if it is 'talking' to GI related data or render passes to keep things sharper?
                  The V-Ray denoiser looks at several render elements together to try and preserve details better.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

I have started testing this and am very please with the feature so far - thanks! Quick question:

I have a sequence that was taking 90 minutes a frame (vray 3.3) and is still noisy in places. Is there a way to quickly generate the denoise elements and denoise a sequence after it has been rendered? Or do you have to re-render with a higher noise threshold and denoise the new frames.

I am trying to work out the most time efficient way of getting the sequence cleaned up using this new feature, so all suggestions welcome.
                    Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
                    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Originally posted by olly View Post
                      Is there a way to quickly generate the denoise elements and denoise a sequence after it has been rendered?
                      It's probably doable, but quite a bit of work; even if you re-render the needed elements, the denoiser works with multi-channel OpenEXR files, you'll have to reassemble those EXRs from the original renders that you have, and the newly generated elements, and then write out the multichannel OpenEXR files.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        you'll have to reassemble those EXRs
                        That was my fear! Oh well, rendering a new version it is...

Comment

Hello,

I tried VRay Denoiser on a simple scene with the parameters set to denoise the Render Elements and to override them, VFB tells me that Denoise is working on the Render Elements but in the end they stay really noisy while RGB is well denoised.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you for your answer.

Julien Donadille
                          Render Supervisor at Cube Creative Company
                          http://www.cube-creative.fr/
                          http://www.kaeloo.fr/

Comment

Originally posted by CubeCreative View Post
                            I tried VRay Denoiser on a simple scene with the parameters set to denoise the Render Elements and to override them, VFB tells me that Denoise is working on the Render Elements but in the end they stay really noisy while RGB is well denoised. am I doing wrong?
                            You are not doing anything wrong; the denoiser calculates the elements and adds them together to compute the final result, but does not change the originals. This is something that we will add in one of the next builds.

It's a bit risky though, once the original elements are denoised, they will be gone - you won't be able to adjust and recalculate the denoiser again.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Thanks for your answer, yes it is a bit risky but it will be a great time saver

Julien Donadille
                              Render Supervisor at Cube Creative Company
                              http://www.cube-creative.fr/
                              http://www.kaeloo.fr/

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                                It's a bit risky though, once the original elements are denoised, they will be gone
                                Can the denoiser not save out a multichannel exr/vrimg of the denoised result and leave the original intact?

Comment

Working...
                                X