Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMG2Tiled exr DWAA super slow in converting files!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMG2Tiled exr DWAA super slow in converting files!

hey, im just wondering if any one ellese is experiencing this!
    im Converting 121 texture to Tiled EXR @ 8 Tiles, encoded To DWAA at 45.
    Its Crazy Slow in Conversion! it toke 4 hours to convert 35 textures VS zip scan-line 1 just 2 min!
    nukes encoding of the files to signal tile is super fast compered to IMG2Tiled EXR.

has any one ellese tried this? to see if they get the same conversion time ?

thanks

Input Textuer: 1024x1024 EXR encoded in DWAA @45
    Out put: 1024x 1024 Tiled exr encoding in DWAA @45
    Last edited by vfxronin; 25-09-2016, 03:01 PM. Reason: for got to add the inpute file

We are aware of the issue, unfortunately it might take some time before it gets addressed. For now you could either wait the conversion or you can use ZIPS compression instead.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

The problem in multiple files on input in IMG2Tiled. We solve it by converting every texture as single task. If you write the simple script for batch convert all be fine.

P.S. You can watch, the first texture converting fast, and next going slowly
      Last edited by iLuso; 07-10-2016, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I was profiling the convertor and the compression takes most of the time. I haven't observed this slowing down for multiple files. Can you send me your textures?

Best regards,
        Asen

Comment

I can confirm that there is a slowdown for multiple file conversion. This happens only in GUI mode. I cannot observe this behavior in command-line mode, so I recommend it as workaround until I fix the problem.

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...C+img2tiledexr

Comment

The slowdown with multiple file conversion in GUI mode if fixed.

Best regards,
            Asen

Comment

Working...
            X