Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipr for c4d and not for 3dmax yet?

it is really fast like that?

i just see it by mistake ... there is a IPR mode for c4d vray and not for max

and i dont mean vray Rt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NJWhij2tE

We will have IPR in the production renderer in SP5.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

this is great!
      can it will preview big scene like interior in the same speed that we see in the c4d video?

and what the big different from rt beside that is cpu and not gpu... all the vray cpu advanced stuff is supported in ipr?
      thanks vlado

Comment

Originally posted by oren View Post
        all the vray cpu advanced stuff is supported in ipr?
        Yes.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Wonderful news, I've played with it in the nightlies, and this again makes it harder to decide whether to invest in CPU or GPU...

It is interesting to see the Fstorm guys going GPU only, whereas the Corona camp is betting on the opposite.

If one were to start developing today (like in effect Fstorm), would there be any disadvantage in developing for a GPU? I mean, is it possible to implement everything that is in for example VRay, or will there always be an advantage in CPUs in terms of development capabilities?

The reason I'm asking is that if not, it would seem that CPU-only solutions in the long run will have a very hard time to compete, given that GPUs are getting exponentially faster every year, whereas CPUs development nowadays seems more linear relying on more cores. Or is this not true? Assuming a 1080 level card in two years cost about $700, has 16 or 24 GB VRAM and perhaps 5-6,000 cudas or more, how could CPUs even compare for rendering? It is also much easier to add a videocard or two than it is to add CPUs.

Sorry, this became a bit philosophical, but am I off track here? I remember feeling that IPR somewhat separates Vray from Vray RT as two separate alternatives (or perhaps more correctly Vray CPU from Vray GPU), but I now wonder how long term this thinking really is. If the capabilities of Vray CPU and GPU synergizes in 2-3 years, then IPR is a stepping stone and it would make sense to focus the current RT development on areas where Adv is weak, such as material editing preview and general interactivity for a fast activeshade. The GPU version can then slowly catch up while the CPU version continues to offer more advanced features for final rendering, but the joint package will always offer more than the competition as Fstorm will take years and years to implement everything in Vray, and products like Corona will have to find time and resources to offer GPU support.

In short, I think we really do need to Vray RTs output to be close to Vray Adv so it can be a useful preview, even if it doesn't support everything, and this is more important than adding more features to RT at this point. Tools like Fstorm doesn't need a lightmixer because you get a pretty good idea directly in the viewport. Making Adv and RT working together more seamlessly creates a stronger package short-term than trying to make RT do everything Adv can and be a standalone tool. This will eventually come, but right now I feel it is neither useful on its own, given memory and implementation limitations, nor as a preview for Adv, as the output differs to much from it.

Of course just my two cents, YMMV.

Comment

i wonder how good feedback can the CPU IPR will be
            im a vray user but in this video i just take a test on Fstorm in full house scene and its really fast feedback with dof and bloom and glare
            here i use 1 GTX 1070

can vray IPR can be fast like that in full interior scene?

check it out
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZtGdQqgcE0

Comment

The CPU IPR is CPU, so the speed depends entirely on your CPU hardware; it has nothing to do with your GPU.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

yes i know but in some cpu engine like corona the ipr cpu look like more fast from the production render even is the same quality in progressive mode

can i try the ipr of vray ?

Comment

You will be able to try the first beta in about a couple of weeks.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

so its mean that we gonna see vray 3.5 in few weeks??

Comment

Vlado and his team normally deliver us all an early Xmas present
                      Maxscript made easy....
                      davewortley.wordpress.com
                      Follow me here:
                      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

We will have a beta of V-Ray 3.5 in approximately 2 weeks. The official release will be some time after that.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

and can you share here or in privet what we gonna see new with vray 3.5 or its just the update for the IPR?

Comment

In addition to various bug fixes and minor improvements, we also plan to have the following (not all of these will be in the first beta which is mostly about the IPR, but they will be in the final 3.5 release):

*) Glossy Fresnel support in the VRayMtl material;
                            *) Included VRayAlSurfaceMtl material;
                            *) Interactive production rendering (IPR);
                            *) GPU-accelerated lens effects and other general lens effects improvements (f.e. object ID and material ID masks working, as well as lens effects working with the denoiser);
                            *) Denoising of other render elements in addition to the RGB one;
                            *) V-Ray RT direct output to VR devices (Oculus Rift and HTC Vive);
                            *) Resumable rendering from file;
                            *) Up to 30% speed improvement on many-core machines for some scenes;
                            *) VRayMultiSubTex able to use node user properties to switch between textures;
                            *) Initial support for MDL materials;
                            *) Various GPU improvements (support for light directionality for rectangle/disc lights, stochastic flakes support, reduced VRAM usage and others);
                            *) Probably a different way to handle reflection+refraction trace depth cutoff.

There is also a ton of other little things and enhancements, but these are the major ones.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

WoW !

well done!

on the way if you are guys can add the active shade mode work on cuda by default it will be bombastic

Comment

Working...
                              X