No announcement yet.

vray 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I operate different in my head than u. I am correct as u are correct. I prefer the button there, u dont. Sorry for spamming.
    Last edited by thanulee; 15-01-2017, 02:10 PM.
    www.yellimages.com

Comment

• VRay 3.50.02 IPR
      very strange thing happening with IPR. please watch the video.
      It was performing very well a little while ago in this file but suddenly this happens and lasts in this scene. of course, it is not a big deal as you will see in the video but kind of strange.
      Mohammadreza Mohseni

Website | Instagram | E-Mail | Art Station | Behance | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by mohammadreza_mohseni View Post
        very strange thing happening with IPR. please watch the video.
        Do you mean the vertical shift thing? Will fix it, thanks for the pointer!

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Do you mean the vertical shift thing? Will fix it, thanks for the pointer!

Best regards,
          Vlado
          yes exactly. good to know it will be fixed. thanks for awesome IPR.
          Mohammadreza Mohseni

Website | Instagram | E-Mail | Art Station | Behance | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

• Do we have a date when 3.5 will be available?

we're rendering a grey storyboard animation over the coming weekend for presentation, we were about to spend tomorrow updating to 3.4 to test the denoiser but i'm curious how close we're going to have to do it all over again.

Comment

• We don't have an official release date yet. Currently we are in Beta phase so it might take some time.
              Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

• Hey, just a question. I've noticed that in a night interior scene with dimmed lighting and 27 light sources, the "Adaptive lights" at it's default option of 8 introduces noise that is harder to clear as well as some dark square patches here and there as if buckets have rendered slower there compared to the rest of the image (I'm using "Progressive" sampler). It gets a bit better if I set "Adaptive lights" to 32 instead of 8 but not by much. As soon as I switch to "Full lights evaluation" mode though, the image clears up a lot faster and there are no dark square patches. Is this normal? Maybe the algorithm is not efficient enough if you throw just a few lights at it? Maybe a solution could be to make Vray switch to "Full lights evaluation" mode if it detects a low number of lights? Just a shot in the dark, don't take this suggestion literally if I'm speaking nonsense.
                Last edited by Alex_M; 18-01-2017, 08:05 AM.
                Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• I'm getting issues with VRAY GPU where some frames are rendering with black textures arbitrarily.

I've toggled the "compress textures" option.

Can't pinpoint any cause, just seems to be intermittent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	st peters hospice animation 3__VRayCam001 black texture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	866222

Name:	st peters hospice animation 3__VRayCam001 normal texture.jpg
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	866223

Link to scene

I've sent a scene to support@chaos..com as well
                  http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

• Oh my the render history saving and loading is soooo much faster now... Thank you thank you thank you Chaosgroup team!

Name:	Tomhanks.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	866225
                    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

• Originally posted by architectureinmotion View Post
                      I'm getting issues with VRAY GPU where some frames are rendering with black textures arbitrarily.

I've toggled the "compress textures" option.

Can't pinpoint any cause, just seems to be intermittent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35450[/ATTACH]

Link to scene

I've sent a scene to support@chaos..com as well
                      Thanks for the scene !

I tried with the todays nightly rendering 80 frames, and it worked without problems.
                      Any specific things, like toggling the in-process render, DR, specific V-Ray version ?

Thanks !
                      V-Ray fan.
                      Looking busy around GPUs ...
                      RTX ON

Comment

• Originally posted by savage309 View Post
                        Thanks for the scene !

I tried with the todays nightly rendering 80 frames, and it worked without problems.
                        Any specific things, like toggling the in-process render, DR, specific V-Ray version ?

Thanks !
                        I rendered the whole thing last night, 3 different machines, 3 different GPUS and no problems.

During testing I literally did not change any settings apart from the texture compression thing, as nothing else seemed relevant.

I'm not sure how to proceed with it, maybe the GPU was having a glitch?
                        http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

• Originally posted by architectureinmotion View Post
                          I rendered the whole thing last night, 3 different machines, 3 different GPUS and no problems.

During testing I literally did not change any settings apart from the texture compression thing, as nothing else seemed relevant.

I'm not sure how to proceed with it, maybe the GPU was having a glitch?
                          To be honest it is much more likely to be software (V-Ray) issue than a GPU glitch, but who knows.
                          Keep us updated if it happens again.

Best,
                          Blago.
                          V-Ray fan.
                          RTX ON

Comment

• I have noticed while using RT in Active Shade mode, it stays noisy for awhile and then BAM, it jumps to a clean render. I have my denoiser set to 1. I am assuming the BAM is the denoiser kicking in, but for larger scenes, you never know when the BAM will happen. The VFB is set to, as a default, effectsResults.

Also, when I run RT, my MAX top left "3" button stops working.
                            Last edited by glorybound; 19-01-2017, 10:35 AM.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com
                            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                              I have noticed while using RT in Active Shade mode, it stays noisy for awhile and then BAM, it jumps to a clean render. I have my denoiser set to 1. I am assuming the BAM is the denoiser kicking in, but for larger scenes, you never know when the BAM will happen. The VFB is set to, as a default, effectsResults.

Is that with RT GPU ?

Best,
                              Blago.
                              V-Ray fan.
                              RTX ON

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                                I have noticed while using RT in Active Shade mode, it stays noisy for awhile and then BAM, it jumps to a clean render. I have my denoiser set to 1. I am assuming the BAM is the denoiser kicking in, but for larger scenes, you never know when the BAM will happen. The VFB is set to, as a default, effectsResults.

Perhaps it's that new adaptive lights feature that you're noticing? It's mentioned here and there's a small video. I haven't tried it yet myself, looks cool:

http://dabarti.com/vfx/review-of-v-r...sed-on-beta-2/

Comment

Working...
                                X