Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Point World Reference Pass with Yeti Fur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point World Reference Pass with Yeti Fur?

Hello,

We are rendering a fur covered face in Maya 2016, using Yeti v2.1.7 & Vray 3.40.06

All the Vray passes are working, but we are trying to use a "point world reference pass". We have found a great example here with a tutorial on how to create it.

http://erwanleroy.com/create-positio...vray-for-maya/

Is there a special node that one would use to find the world position of the fur, or is it just a limitation for all?

We have a texture reference object created for Yeti, of course, but it doesn't seem to be "seeing" it as one?

I don't know if anyone would have any ideas of how to do this?

So what's the issue exactly? I just tried it and I can see the fur in point world reference. Does it not animate correctly for you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	yeti_fur.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	866957
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Exactly! In my test scene, the yeti fur renders as if its traveling "through" the world colors. What exactly does your setup look like?
      I was told to connect the SamplerInfo Node in the "default color" of a VRayUserColor node with an attribute called referencePosition. That way it looks for the custom attribute "referencePosition" specified in an attribute node after the "grow" nodes in my Yeti node graph.

I must be missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by radcliffe.chris View Post
        I was told to connect the SamplerInfo Node in the "default color" of a VRayUserColor node with an attribute called referencePosition. That way it looks for the custom attribute "referencePosition" specified in an attribute node after the "grow" nodes in my Yeti node graph.
        This is what I suggested, yes. I was told that Yeti generates a "referencePosition" attribute on the points, which you can read with a VRayUserColor node.

However I didn't get a chance to actually test that as I'm not sure if I need to do something specific to make Yeti generate the referencePosition data. Will try to play with it tomorrow.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We were wondering if you had had a chance to play with the Yeti/Vray situation for the Point World Reference Pass?

Comment

Attached is an example. Look at the Extra Tex render element - is this what you are looking for?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Attached Files
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

YES! Thank you so much Vlado! It is totally working and my compositor is using the pass as we speak. Very good solution.

Comment

Working...
              X