Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Sub Divisions with higher resolution

abdul Rahman

Hi, I have a doubt which i hope you could clear it out for me.. I have a vray scene in which i kept high render settings such as Min sub div 4 and Max sub div 48 at 3K resolution just to get rid of anti-aliasing and for the purpose of clean image. In my workstation, it took 25 hours to render ( Rayzen 9 3950X 16 Core, 32 GB RAM). My question is, is there any workaround to reduce render time or with same settings or is there any better settings?

If anyone needs to try out, i can share the scene

Instead of increasing the min/max just keep it on the default 1/24 and lower the noise threshold till noise is acceptable. You can also use the denoiser to get rid of some minor noise or do it in post.

Comment

would probably need to know more about the scene, could you post up a render? I'm sure there's some things in there that could be optimized.
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

As a general rule, if you double resolution, you quadruple the render time.
        This however, only in principle: in actual fact V-Ray will get to "see" more of the scene (much like a DSLR with a bigger sensor) and will likely need to do more work on the fine details previously invisible.

The rest has all been said: Denoising at high res may be well usable, and without the actual scene, it's nigh impossible to optimise for it specifically.
        Last edited by ^Lele^; 24-08-2020, 01:35 AM.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X