Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

assets diferent paths from computer to other causes missing objects in the project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assets diferent paths from computer to other causes missing objects in the project

Hey guys
    we are working on Cosmos with our shared internal dropbox folder. In the office machine the dropbox have a different name (because user name)
    when we work in other computer and putting some cosmos assets, all good but when we come back to the office computer they are not recognized. we notice that even save project with assets, don't push the cosmos assets to the project folder... When we finish the project we save the project with assets in the end to avoid missing assets or textures...
    We know that this cosmos assets are proxies, so should be awesome if we can package all the used assets and textures for future use.
    is it possible?

by the way in both computers the path for cosmos files are the same dropbox folder (but different full path because username) and in both all the download assets are recognisable... avoiding duplicate assets downloads ...

thanks for the help
    best regards
    nuno

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Please note that Dropbox uses the username of the PC and this is not something we have control over. As the paths are different, Chaos Cosmos won't be able to locate the assets. You could contact Dropbox support to check if there is a way to make the paths on both computers absolutely the same.

Alternatively, you could save the proxies with the rest of the assets for your project by making the Cosmos Asset editable (shortcut C). Once you do that, you can go to File> Save Project with Assets, and the proxy will be saved in the project folder.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Nuno,

i use dropbox in a similar way, i think i can help you gettign the same paths on any PC, best contact me the usual way

Comment

Working...
      X