Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos problem with Launching

Hello everyone,
    Recently i run into this issue with chaos cosmos.
    Every time i start up rhino and open the Chaos cosmos from the V-ray tab it gives me this problem in the
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1145
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1126497
    After that i download the latest version form end of August and it seems like its there but there's a problem loading it within Rhino
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1030
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	1126498
    After I uninstall it and install it again it works. My issue is that i have to do this every-time i start working with Rhino.
    Is there a reason why this is a reacquiring problem ?

Thank you in advance
    Attached Files

Hey assya_dobreva,

Keep in mind that the latest version should be much recent than Aug (currently, latest update is from September 30th).

That being said, try installing the latest version, but first uninstall your current Chaos Cosmos version. To do so, please follow these steps:
    1. Uninstall Chaos Cosmos from the Control Panel and make sure that the following folders are removed:
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos
      • C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Chaos Cosmos
    2. Then, please install the latest version of reinstall the Cosmos Browser by downloading in on this link and let us know if Cosmos started working:
      https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=62
    If that doesn't work out, try resetting the Cosmos Browser database manually (as indicated in the error message). You can do this by following these steps:
    • You should have 2x cbservice.exe processes (Task Manager > Processes > Chaos Cosmos Browser Service) running. Please find them, and disable them - there is a Windows shortcut which you can select (Stop Chaos Cosmos Browser Service) as indicated in the following screenshot.
    • Make sure you've closed your host app (SketchUp) and navigate to the Cosmos Assets download folder location (by default it's set to C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Chaos Cosmos\Packages)
    • Delete the cpkg.db file (note that this will cause the CB not to remember the already downloaded assets, but once you prompt to download them again it should find them instantly in your system)
    • To start the cbservice, use the Windows shortcut Start Chaos Cosmos Browser Service
    • Start a SketchUp session and try to open the Cosmos Browser

Let us know the results. If things don't work out at all, please forward us the cb.log file, located in:
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos
    Make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the form subject. Thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X