Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dongle licenses to Online licensing

Hi,

Can I transfer my dongle licenses to Online licensing?
    Best Regards,
    Fernando
    Best regards,
    Fernando Blanco
    http://www.blancoimagens.com.br

Transfering licenses is explained here - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...icenses+Online

If you haven't logged into the license server menu with your ChaosGroup username, please do - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...lineActivation
    If you don't see the "migrate" option after that send us an e-mail to support@chaosgroup.com so that we'll be able to enable it for you.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks Ivan,

Best regards,
      Fernando
      Best regards,
      Fernando Blanco
      http://www.blancoimagens.com.br

Comment

I'm interested too on trasfering license from dongle to online so I will test the Vray next but I have a question.
        I've seen that it's possible to borrow the online license for any kind of connection problem but this is not really true because you need another PC with a connection to download the license file.

From the doc Borrowing Licenses without Internet connection

You can borrow licenses even when the machine that is running the license server has no Internet connection. You can instead use another machine that has an Internet connection to log into my.chaosgroup.com with your Chaos Group account and specify the products, for which you need to borrow licenses. An offline file will be available for download from your account that you need to upload to your license server.

_______

So, considering a scenario where , one day, the company where I'm working has not any kind of internet connection for any kind of reason, where should I find a connection to borrow the license?
        If I really understood the offline borrowing license process, Is it not possible to introduce a complete offline borrow mode ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
          I'm interested too on trasfering license from dongle to online so I will test the Vray next but I have a question.
          I've seen that it's possible to borrow the online license for any kind of connection problem but this is not really true because you need another PC with a connection to download the license file.
          Yes, you need Internet connection (at least) to another computer to borrow a license.

Originally posted by bardo View Post
          So, considering a scenario where , one day, the company where I'm working has not any kind of internet connection for any kind of reason, where should I find a connection to borrow the license?
          If I really understood the offline borrowing license process, Is it not possible to introduce a complete offline borrow mode ?

Thanks in advance.
          The idea is that you can borrow the license before a failure happens, so if you are left with no Internet connection at some point you'll still be able to use the license. Or - worst case - you'll be able to use the license by borrowing from a computer with Internet connection.
          If you have constant unstable network or you want to use your licenses completely offline - a hardware USB dongle would be a better licenseing option.

Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Ok. Thank you for your reply. But Vray Next will have the online license as a requirement like now?
            Or will it be possible to use USB dongle?

Comment

The Beta is provided by default with Online licensing, but you can keep your V-Ray 3 licenses on a dongle if you prefer and get only the Beta licenses Online. License server 4.x versions summarize the licenses from the dongle attached (if exists) an online obtainable, so you won't experience different behavior from V-Ray regarding the way the licenses are being obtained.
              Once the full version is released - you'll be able to choose between dongle or online - as it is now.
              Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

I want to transfer my license to online but I do not get the button"TRANSFER LICENSE" on the page, both my online is green and dongle is green, What could be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedihopper View Post
                  I want to transfer my license to online but I do not get the button"TRANSFER LICENSE" on the page, both my online is green and dongle is green, What could be wrong?
                  You can try again now. If still unsuccessful - please send us an e-mail at support@chaosgroup.com, stating your Chaos Group username.
                  Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                  X