VRay Scans years from now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Scans years from now...

If I were to purchase a commercial license and use it on some projects, but then decide not to renew after a year, what happens if one of the projects is re-visited in the future? Or maybe it's possible to bake the scan on to an object? If so, how is that done?

Thanks.
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

That's an interesting question.
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
      If I were to purchase a commercial license and use it on some projects, but then decide not to renew after a year, what happens if one of the projects is re-visited in the future? Or maybe it's possible to bake the scan on to an object? If so, how is that done?

Thanks.
      Hi David,

Regarding your question, currently VRscans materials can be used within the subscription period, this means you have to have an active VRscans workstation license to edit and render VRscans materials. If you do not have an active VRscans license you cannot assign or edit VRScans material and all VRscans material will be rendered with a watermark.
      We understand this is a show stopper for artists and we are working in a direction to democratize the way VRscans materials are rendered in already set scenes.
      Stay tuned throughout the year for updates on this topic.

Cheers,
      Dinko
      Dinko Dimitrov
      VP VRscans
      Chaos Software

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Dinko. Even if the subscription were monthly instead of annually, I would do it, knowing that I could start/stop as projects dictated. But then the dongle programming/re-programming becomes problematic. For now though, I guess I'll wait with the "show stopper" crowd until more updates are released.

Dave
        David Anderson
        www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
        Windows 10 Pro
        3ds Max 2023.3 Update
        V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
        Puget Systems
        TRX40 EATX
        AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
        2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090