Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade license server

Hello,

We would like to upgrade VRay-for-maya, from version 3.2 to version 3.6.
    Your System Requirements page indicates that we will need to upgrade our License Server, from our current version (vrlservice_adv_30001) to the latest (vrlservice_win_4.5.1).

Our license server is a Windows 7-64bit computer, using a dongle (we want to continue to use that dongle).
    We currently use this WIBUKEY driver version : 6.30b (07/11/2014)

1 : Do we need to also upgrade WIBUKEY driver ?

2 : We want to use the dongle licenses, and NOT the online license system.
    I'm afraid the "Activate during installation" option (that appears during license server installation) would activate the "Online license".
    So, to be sure to use the dongle licenses, I just need to switch OFF that "Activate during installation" option ?

Thanks.

Hello,

The new version of the License Server is needed in case you will use the online licensing. If your licenses are on the dongle, you should be able to use the old version of the License Server without issues. Update of the drivers is also not necessary. You can still go ahead and update, if you prefer - it should work either way.

As for the activation, that step can be skipped and if you do not have any licenses online, it will be irrelevant, whether you activate your user or not.

Let me know, if further assistance is required.
    Ivaylo Marinov

QA Engineer Chaos Cloud

Chaos Group

Comment

>> The new version of the License Server is needed in case you will use the online licensing.
      >> If your licenses are on the dongle, you should be able to use the old version of the License Server without issues.

I'm glad I was wrong. Here is how it happened : I saw this on your documentation :

>> Note: V-Ray 3.6 requires V-Ray License server 4.4.1

Found here : https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...m+Requirements

But I didn't realize it was the Max documentation, not the Maya doc. My bad.
      So, we will keep our license server v3.0, and update only VRay to v3.6

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X