Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue starting Vray

Hello.

I have a Vray license. Already downloaded and installed the latest license server.
    I'm using Vray 3.6 (which i believe is the latest one) with 3ds Max 2017
    Still using Windows 8.

The thing is i can not use the software.
    It only allows me to work whenever it wants.
    I usually start 3ds max and i have to close it because it says i do not have a license, then i go to the Online license manager and it opens chrome...
    If it does not feel the fear in my veins, Vray works just fine...

the last month it has become more and more often that i can not use the sotware.
    I may trie 50 times and still the same result (as the picture i just attached)
    So i start the Vray online license server and repeat, but nothing...

I do not believe i'm doing anything wrong, because it used to work well at first, the thing here is...
    what to do to be able to work?
    los campeones no nacen, se hacen...

Hello,

It appears that there was an issue with the V-Ray Online License Server installation.

Please try the following:
    1. Uninstall the V-Ray Online License Server (Control Panel -> Programs and Features)
    2. Go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup" and delete the contents of this folder.
    3. Right click on the "V-Ray Online License Server" setup file then select the "Run as administrator" option then proceed with the setup.

Afterwards please check if you are able to access the page at http://localhost:30304

Regarding the interruptions in the license services that you have experienced earlier - please let us know if you are using a dongle or an Online based license.

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for your kind response.
      It did not work.
      There seems to be an issue with the server. It says: 500- there was an error with the server, please try again later"
      I did not change anything yesterday, just kept trying and it "decided" to work (after about 10,500,999 times)
      Now this... isn't it just an issue with the server?
      If that's the case, could i use my license in a different way?...
      Like a fisical dongle or something?

Comment

Hi guys,
        Come on, not another day...
        what's going on?. There's seriously A LOT!!! of time between mails with the support team...
        I called yesterday, but we're at different time zones... you guys sleep while i work!!!
        I see there are a lot of guys asking how to change to the new online licensing... i never had a chance to try the usb dongle and so far this does not seem to work. Not if the server does not work...
        Also, what if you have a lot of things to do and because of a new release you never heard of, you start loosing time...
        I already installed the last license server... even before i started with the mails...
        At least i could try, once and again and again untill Vray loaded... now i can not even enable the online licensing because of an error with the server!!

Attached Files

Comment

Can you send us an e-mail at support@chaosgroup.com ? Please include the username you're trying to log in - should be the same you have your licenses associated with.

Navigate to http://127.0.0.1:30304/#/settings on the license server computer, set the Log Level to Extra verbose (Diagnostics tab) and if the same error appears - please compress "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup" folder and send it attached.

You can also try browsing to https://ols.chaosgroup.com - if your connection to the backend is OK you should get a "Forbidden" message. If you get something else - please attach a screnshot of the error and check if there isn't a firewall/proxy blocking the connection."

Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X