Bought wrong version (3.6) for Rhino 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought wrong version (3.6) for Rhino 6

Just purchased Rhino 6 and also bought VRay 3.6 before I realized that it would only work with Rhino 5. Is there something I can do to switch to the right version when you release it?

On Novedge where I purchased the license, it basically only said "for Rhino" and me seeing the new release of Rhino just assumed it was FOR Rhino 6. Facepalm.

Thanks for any assistance.

The license will be valid for the V-Ray build that will support Rhino 6 (that would be the next V-Ray 3.6 minor release), so no need to do anything in that aspect.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.slavchev View Post
      The license will be valid for the V-Ray build that will support Rhino 6 (that would be the next V-Ray 3.6 minor release), so no need to do anything in that aspect.
      Any time frame for the release that will work with Rhino 6?

Comment

Not yet. The guys in development are working hard on it, but Rhino introduced some late API changes that we need to address.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Very glad to know it WILL be valid for 6. If you give me the Devs location I'll send them Donuts. 8 )

Comment

Any information on how long it takes to receive the dongle thingie I am supposed to use somehow to run VRay? I don't think you guys have updated to support Rhino 6 yet, but was wondering if it had been sent out yet?

Comment

Hello,

Please contact your local reseller from which you purchased V-Ray (in your case it should be Novedge ) to get more information regarding the dongle shipping.

Comment

Is there any updates on Rhino 6 compatibility? We are struggling without the latest VRay for Rhino 6. Thanks

Comment

Hello,

The upcoming v3.60.02 is in its final development stage. Once the final polishing is complete, a public announcement will be made.
                  Although no further delays are expected, we refrain from giving a precise release date yet.
                  Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                  X