Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

License Problems & how to license in the most flexible way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Problems & how to license in the most flexible way.

Hi Guys, I am wondering what al this different possibilities of licensing is about. I am using actually the Dongle, but I want to have it in this way:

"The License Server version 4.0 introduces online licensing of the Chaos Group products without the need for any physical devices to be plugged in your machine. It allows you to easily activate more licenses right after the purchase and provides a way to stay offline while using your products when you need to. It is still compatible with the existing USB dongles, in case you need to use your licenses in this way."

(my goal is to keep the Dongle as an Backup in case of losing Internetconnection. Wouldn?t like to transfer the license completly, since then this advantage is not given at all any more)

The last is important, since I like to use it in the Office and sometimes I need it at my Homeoffice, wich leads having the dongle forgotten and then rendering is in diffent place not possible.
    In the Moment I am struggling with the License anyways, because it says always gives me now only this feedback (see photo/screenshot) WibuKey is started and recognizes the Dongle. All active, all green.
    Further is vrol.exe is executed and the VRLService is running.

thanks a lot for any feedback!

Last edited by caypiranha; 21-03-2018, 03:22 AM.

Hello,

The migration of the dongle licenses online is permanent and cannot be reverted, so if you prefer to use the licenses offline it would be best to keep the dongle. Generally you can have the dongle plugged in on one computer, which acts as license server and then point all the others nodes that need to get the licenses to that server.

You can try to open the license server that is currently configured from what I see on the screenshot - http://192.168.0.171:30304

Do you see the licenses listed on that page? If nothing loads there it seems that the license server is either not running on this machine or that there is no network connectivity to it.
    Ivaylo Marinov

QA Engineer Chaos Cloud

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X