Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could not obtain a license (-197) And Could not obtain a license (-98)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not obtain a license (-197) And Could not obtain a license (-98)

Hi Chaos,
    I got a problem with licenses.
    Suddenly, My Vray not working anymore, Vray setting in the 3Dmax report that there no license key.
    My reseller has responded that my licenses were purchase to Chaos, and I check expires day in download pay was fit.
    I try to uninstall, reinstall and updates to the latest version of Licences server but it's not working.
    I check in licenses server in localhost, there no Vray product for my licenses.
    Please attachment for more detail.
    Thank you.
    p/s : I sent you log from localhost in case it's a requirement by email ( support@chaosgroup.com )
    Attached Files
    Best regards.
    Duong

Hello,

We will send you troubleshooting instructions from our support mail (support@chaosgroup.com).

Comment

Thank Chaos, it's work.
      Your support is amazing.
      Best regards.
      Duong

Comment

I have the very same problem
        attaching the log file

Comment

zuricir - I have removed the log that you have attached in this post as it contained information about your computer and your chaosgroup.com account. It is not recommended to share this information in the forums. It is best to send logs and screenshots that might contain your login info directly to support@chaosgroup.com

However I was able to download the log before I removed it from the forum (it seems I was the only one that took a look at it so it should be alright). According to it the license server is working without any issues.
          In case you get the same error code as bocstudio ( -98 ), please let us know the full name of the V-Ray installation file that you have used and send us a screenshot from the page at http://localhost:30304/#/bundle/maya to support@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi mihail_kuzev,
            thanks for the info about log files and since i am a newbie to forums usage and to vray i had no idea about it
            thanks again for the removal of the account info
            also i just did a very thorough and extensive research on this issue and found out a solution for it and would also like to share it with all so in case if someone has the same issue they can try
            here is the solution :
            1. Stop the license server (Run->Services.msc->VRLService-> right-click->stop) or "Start Menu\Programs\Chaos Group\Chaos License Server\Stop Chaos License Server"
            2. Delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ssl folder
            3. Start the license server (Run->Services.msc->VRLService-> right-click->start) or "Start Menu\Programs\Chaos Group\Chaos License Server\Start Chaos License Server"
            4. Navigate to http://localhost:30304 on the license server machine and enable Online licensing anew - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...tup-Activation

It worked for me hope it works for others as well
            Thanks all once again

Comment

Working...
            X