"No licenses available" but nothing has changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No licenses available" but nothing has changed

I went to use my computer after a couple of months of inactivity. I'm getting this message "No licenses available" on the Chaos Licensing Server webpage. I do own licenses which the "my.chaosgroup" webpage confirms. I installed the most current version of the license server, which didn't help. And after that I uninstalled the license server and reinstalled it, still no help. I also downloaded a new "cert.crt" file, but that didn't help either. (I also have an internet connection). I have tried to select each of the proxy connection options, also made no difference.
    One thing is weird however. When I selected the "take a tour" option it says that I should see my "login email" displayed on the top right of the screen next to the machine name (I do see the correct machine name) but I do not see the login email. I don't know if this is relevant or not. I was able to download and install the offline file, and it does appear to be working offline.
    I don't know if the following is relevant either. Today I also installed vray for max 2022 for the first time, and it was this install that brought up the licensing server page with the No licenses message. Running Windows 10 version 1903, OS build 18362.116
    Any ideas what I can check next?

Click image for larger version

Name:	v-ray error.png
Views:	831
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1114772

Hello,

I have the same problem. I use V-Ray for Revit (2017) but it's been a while that I haven't used it. Last week I tried to activate V-Ray in Revit as usual and I got an error message on the software and the same message "No licenses available" on the Chaos Licensing Server webpage. I made exactly the same actions mentionned in the previous post, with no result.
    Today I uninstalled completely the entire V-Ray for Revit installation (and the license server) and I re-installed all the latest versions, but I still have the same problem and now I cannot even read the error refererence, as you can see in the print screen image above. What should I do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

Same problem here with the dongle. License server says all licenses are available but remote machines say all licenses in use.

EDIT: Rebooting didn't help. In the end I had to manually restart the license service on the server whilst the workstation was trying to connect. Then the error changed to -200, then after a few seconds it worked again.
      Last edited by Deflaminis; 28-05-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Just checking, anyone at Vray central reading this?

Comment

It's worth pointing out that apparently my offline borrowing of the license date has been automatically extended twice. On the one hand, from a practical sense this "fixes" my problem, but it doesn't really "solve" the real issue. Does anyone know what's going on?

Comment

Hello,

Apologies for taking that much time to respond to your questions. Please note that our official support channel is through the Support Contact form here:

https://www.chaosgroup.com/help/contact

Please uninstall the Chaos Group license server and remove any remaining files from the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup

Afterwards, download and install the latest Chaos license server 5.5.3 from the following page:

https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...dalone-553-adv

Go to the Chaos License server page (http://localhost:30304), enable your Online/Dongle licensing and try to use your V-Ray licenses. Send us screenshots from the localhost page, via the Contact form, if you continue to experience this issue.
            Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
            support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X