Can not obtain network license (-200)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not obtain network license (-200)

I am running Maya 2018 (Student) and Vray for Maya 2018 on a MacPro on OSX Sierra. All installed well, and the Licence Server is installed, but when I try to do a render either IPR or through the VRay Buffer, I get an error saying that it cannot contact the licence server ( which is on the same machine)... i?ve Uninstalled and re-installed the server and have uninstalled older versions.

need help...

thanks

Douglas

Hello Douglas,

Can you please check if port 30304 is not blocked by your firewall or another third party application. If necessary please add an exception for this port.

Additionally please make sure that your primary license server address is set to 127.0.0.1 - for more information on how to set it up please check the documentation here:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ettings-MacOSX

If you are still experiencing the issue afterwards then please let us know if you are able to access the web interface of the license server at http://localhost:30304

Comment

I have uninstalled and re-installed both the Licence Server software and the Vray program. Each time when I am installing the Licence Server it says that it is already activated online. But I continued on. Have looked at the documentation you pointed me to, and using the setvrlservice command and have tried various combinations of IP address settings, including

10.0.1.1... the router address
      10.0.0.18... the computer address
      10.0.0.100... an address mentioned in the documentation, and even the 127.0.0.1 address which you mention, which seems more likely for a Windows based router, but I thought i?d Try it anyway...

The computer has the firewall disable, so that should not be causing any problem. The computer is hooked to the internet via an AirPort Extreme wireless router if that makes any difference... The internet connection is alive and well...

With any of the attempts to change the setting, running setvrlservice with the -dump says those settings were set...

But in none of the cases will the browser open Http://localhost:30304... it always returns the error that Safari can not connect to that server because it cannot find it...

When I was starting to solve their problem, logging onto my account at my.chaosgroup.com showed 5 license, and I think 3 different older Licence servers. Thinking those might be the problem I used the deactivate online to remove them, and now the account shows 0 Licence servers. I figured at that point when I install the new Licence Server it would allow me Activate the new Licence online, but as reported earlier the install always says that the Licence Server is already registered...

Further help would be greatly appreciated...

thanks,

Douglas

Comment

If the license server is installed on the same machine you use Maya on - you should use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" as a license server address. The router address and 10.0.0.100 (just an example) are not relevant in this case.

Deactivating old license servers installations should be done carefully when you do it from my.chaosgroup.com, because essentially what you do is marking their certificates as invalid. That means that if you deactivate the instance associated with your current license server computer you have to delete its certificates manually to be able to reactivate.
        In MAC you can delete the certificates with the following command (open Terminal from Finder and paste it):

sudo rm -rf $HOME/.ChaosGroup/

You'll be prompted for your MAC password (won't be visible) - enter it and press Enter.

After that - run the license server installer anew - https://download.chaosgroup.com/license-server

and try accessing http://localhost:30304 in your browser. If you still cannot navigate to that - it's best to write us at support@chaosgroup.com
        Last edited by ivan.slavchev; 18-01-2018, 02:19 AM.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

?sudo rm -rf? seems to have done the trick... I reinstalled the licence server and it allowed me to activate it. Maya now is happy to render the scene... Many thanks for your help...

Douglas

Comment

Working...
          X