Unable to Obtain License after Windows Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Obtain License after Windows Update

I've just recently updated my Windows 10 and now I'm "Unable to obtain a V-Ray License." On another PC in the office I simply uninstalled V-Ray and Reinstalled, but not so lucky on this PC. I've even installed the latest License Server, but still no solution.

Try updating the license settings - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...cense+Settings
    Point the settings towards the computer with V-Ray license server installed. If that's the local machine you can use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" as an IP address.

You can also navigate to http://localhost:30304 in your internet browser on the computer with the license server installed - check if you can see your license listed.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

The same thing is happening to me this morning after an overnight update last night. Were you able to get this fixed Kraig? I followed Ivan's instructions and changed the license server IP address to that of this computer but still no luck. When I go to localhost:30304 I am told that the site can't be reached and "localhost refused to connect"

Comment

SOLVED! I found Ivan's other post about re-installing V-Ray Online License server and that did the trick

Comment

Originally posted by JessK View Post
          SOLVED! I found Ivan's other post about re-installing V-Ray Online License server and that did the trick
          I'm glad that works for you. With the latest license server - 4.5.1 and future versions the problem with the license server and MS updates should not appear. Hopefully Microsoft do not have another nice surprise for us in the future, but you never know.
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Changing the IP to "localhost" did the trick. Thank you Ivan.

Comment

I just had this issue too, updated the Licence server and all is well.

Thanks for the info guys
              PGDesigns.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X