Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dongle and license server errors (Dongle subsystem failed to handle license request)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dongle and license server errors (Dongle subsystem failed to handle license request)

We're getting V-Ray license errors with license server 4.5.1 (just upgraded from license server 3.something)... On the Notifications screen on the license server manager, there are the following errors:

1/30/2018, 12:46:00 PM Dongle subsystem failed to handle license request. (connect ENOBUFS 127.0.0.1:30314 - Local (undefined:undefined))
    1/30/2018, 12:46:00 PM License request could not be handled.

The Wibu-Key driver is 6.4, we're running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.

This ONLY happens for V-Ray 3 interactive licenses, doesn't appear to be a problem with the render licenses. I've emailed support, but in the meantime, figured I'd post here.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by mrfixrsvfx; 30-01-2018, 11:18 AM.

BTW, I think I might have found the solution...

Apparently there is a Kernel socket leak on Windows 2008 R2 which can present with these symptoms... I'm not 100% sure right yet, as I've installed the hotfix but haven't been able to reboot (I will give this a try tomorrow morning).

Will keep you posted! BTW, the hotfix is here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-running-windo

Comment

Alright, that wasn't the problem, actually... I found a quick and easy solution, in the form of a regedit. Turns out that Windows 2008 R2 will deny any outgoing port over 5000 and return an error.

A simple regedit fixed it all, without a need to reboot!

More details here:
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-you-receive-t

Comment

Thanks for sharing, great troubleshooting!
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X