Reattaching dongle every 5 min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reattaching dongle every 5 min

I've written here a few times about this problem, I don't know why am I doing it anymore, I guess it's just desperation. I have to reattach the dongle like every 5 minutes, hit render.. cannot obtain license.. attach reattach.. 5 minutes later.. repeat that forever.
    I've got to the point now that I'm just gonna download an illegal copy instead of my paying one because this does not work at all! It was problem two years ago it's a problem now.

Besides.. I am not satisfied with vray RT at all, its always freezing, tons of glitches, it's barely usable.

CPU: 5930K
    GPU: 3x970 GTX,
    MEM: 32 GB ram
    SSD

That kind of behavior can be caused by:
    - old dongle drivers
    - an old license server
    - faulty USB port
    - faulty dongle

or a combination of the above.

What you can do is:

- Migrate the dongle to Online licensing and obtain the license over internet from the dongle - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...icenses+Online

or (if you want to use the license with no Internet connection at all)

- Do a clean reinstall of the drivers - to do that
    1. Unplug the USB dongle
    2. Download the attached file and rename it from "Wibu_clean_uninstall.txt" to "Wibu_clean_uninstall.bat". After that right click on it and choose "Run as administrator"
    3. Restart the computer
    4. Download the drivers from the link below and install them with admin rights (rigt-click->run as administrator):
    https://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-...uKey_for_Users
    5. Plug the dongle back in and wait until it's recognized by the OS

You can also try another USB port.

The USB dongle, after all, is a piece of hardware and it can break/malfunction - if the above does not help message us at support@chaosgroup.com and we'll send you info on how to replace it.

Regarding RT - that's a quite different subject, I'd suggest sending us a mail with your hardware specs (CPU/GPU model+driver versions, OS version, 3dsMax and V-Ray version) and example scene you're having problems with, so we'll be able to elaborate on solving possible issues.
    Attached Files
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Ivan I appreciate your help. I tried all of these, rest assure my pc/dongle isn't broken and it's working from time to time, it is just super frustrating to attach reattach all the time, and it prevents me to work from home. Even if I would like to spend couple of days solving this problem, I do not have the time at all because I try to run a company where I would need my working vray. I think it's just a bad system designed to cause constant troubles for the actual buyers, and the rest of the people who illegally download your software can enjoy it stress free without the bulllsh**t with the dongles. Make it work or end this stupid system!
      SSD

Comment

If the dongle is skipping every 5 minutes and you have to plug it out/in again it's probably malfunctioning.
        If you don't like using the dongle - you can migrate it to Online licensing and you'll get your license over the Internet, you can also have more than one license server with the same account (if you want to use the license in the office and at home, for example) since the license usage is synchronized over the Internet on our backend.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Okay thanks, how can I do that?
          SSD

Comment

Make sure you have the latest license server version (4.5.1 currently - https://download.chaosgroup.com/license-server ). Plug in your dongle and follow the steps here - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...icenses+Online
            If you don't see the "Transfer" option in the "Dongle" menu - please message us at support@chaosgroup.com
            Last edited by ivan.slavchev; 12-02-2018, 12:30 AM.
            Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X