No announcement yet.

error: could not obtain a license (-98)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error: could not obtain a license (-98)

Hello,

I have purchased 1 render node license, that I am trying to use on my second workstation. When I open the V-Ray SWARM manager in Sketchup, I can see my second workstation as ENABLED, then ASSIGNED then RENDERING. But when I open the LOG in the SWARM manager I see this message: error: could not obtain a license (-9. That makes sense because clearly when I try to monitor CPU and GPU on the render node, nothing is happening.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thank you,
    Antoine

The error message -98 means that there is no license for this product.
    We can see it our database only 1 x V-Ray 3.0 Render node license tied to your username.
    Could you please provide us with more details of your purchase and what is your e-mail or dongle SN tied to your V-Ray license?
    Did you activate your license in the web page "http://localhost:30304"? You can send us all the specific information to our e-mail address support@chaosgroup.com
    Last edited by ivan.slavchev; 06-03-2018, 03:02 AM.
    Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Borrowing this topic,

I have the same issue here. It rendered fine this morning, but after a crash I get the error. I have a deadline coming in fer hours for this job.

Edit: Rebooting seemed to solve the issue for now. However, it wasn't the most convenient situation for rebooting.
      Last edited by JuhaHo; 01-11-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaHo View Post
        Borrowing this topic,

I have the same issue here. It rendered fine this morning, but after a crash I get the error. I have a deadline coming in fer hours for this job.
        Please write us an e-mail at support@chaosgroup.com with your license info (CG account or dongle serial number), OS version and 3D platform version.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.slavchev View Post

Please write us an e-mail at support@chaosgroup.com with your license info (CG account or dongle serial number), OS version and 3D platform version.
          Thanks, I sent the email. Now the error changed to-197.

Comment

Yes, I sent a reply, please answer when you can.
            Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Strangely this error (-197) popped up in my the Settings -> Authorization tab of the Render window today. But the render still proceeds as usual but with 3 errors. I'll send my info to support today. I'l try a system reboot to see if anything changes.

Comment

A reboot has solved the issue. Seems my License Server wasn't started properly after a previous reboot (In spite of trying to start it up before the reboot). I'll consider this a user problem on my side and write again if it shows up again.

Comment

Yeah, the online licensing is terrible, it's honestly a complete trainwreck. My licensing drops abruptly once in a while even without any clear reason. I started the offline licensing and see how it would go.

Comment

Well, I thought offline licensing could have solved the error, but now V-Ray generates error for there being no error. So now I'm forced to go back to the sometimes working online licensing.
                    Image Capture hosted in imgbb.com

Comment

It's best to write us at support@chaosgroup.com about that.
                      Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                      X