Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could not obtain an interface license (-197)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not obtain an interface license (-197)

Had a 30-day trial license which ended today, bought 1 year- license some days ago. Have tried reinstalling license server, when checking on web it says 1 available and 0 engaged. How do i make this work?

Hello, please download and install V-Ray 3.60.03 EDU for Maya from the link below:

https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...2018-36003-edu
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Ivan, I'm also now getting this message. I purchased a renewal of my EDU version of V-Ray on March 20. Then the new Online License Server was release and I upgraded it this evening. After doing the upgrade for both I now get the "Could not obtain an interface license (-197) error. Both my Online License Server and Dongle appear to be ok (see attachments). Im using a mac and when I go to the Activity Monitor, it doesn't show that the VRLservice is running. Please help!
      Last edited by thawk127; 15-04-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Looks like you've got your license to be associated with your dongle, but the dongle is probably not upgraded - send us attached a .wbc file at support@chaosgroup.com
        To generate it - go to "Dongle"-> Upgrade and follow the steps.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks Ivan! I'll do as you suggest.

Comment

Today I downloaded Vray 3.60.04 trial for Maya 2015, and I keep receiving this error: "// Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-197): There are no available licenses of this type on the ChaosGroup License Server."

I tried to enter the link above but this message appears: "401 - Unauthorized access - It looks like you dont have permission to access this page. Please contact our support team to request access."

How can I fix this so I can use my 30 days trial?

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaelgarcia View Post
              Today I downloaded Vray 3.60.04 trial for Maya 2015, and I keep receiving this error: "// Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-197): There are no available licenses of this type on the ChaosGroup License Server."

I tried to enter the link above but this message appears: "401 - Unauthorized access - It looks like you dont have permission to access this page. Please contact our support team to request access."

How can I fix this so I can use my 30 days trial?
              The trial is valid 1 month from the day you applied and your application is from 11 May
              Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Ahh ok! thank you Ivan!!

Comment

I have a EDU license and have now started to get this same error. Any suggestions??
                  I've downloaded the updated License Server and EDU version of V-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by thawk127 View Post
                    I have a EDU license and have now started to get this same error. Any suggestions??
                    I've downloaded the updated License Server and EDU version of V-Ray.
                    What do you see when you navgate to http://localhost:30304 ? Best to message us - https://www.chaosgroup.com/support/contact
                    It's a bit hard to tell without usernames and other personal details, and I'd rather not post them on the forum.
                    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Do you have another version installed? any other product that uses VRay? Verify that you haven't installed the "Wibukey Network Server" of the previous versions of VRay. If so, uninstall the Wibukey so that your Online license works correctly.
                      regards

Comment

You can have Wibukey server running, it's just not used by our licensing. I've seen rare cases when some people configure WibuKey server to use the ports Chaos license server does, so that can mess things up.
                        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                        X