Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Aleksandar!

Color me happy! It works! Amazing!

Thanks once again for great troubleshooting.

One last question - is there anything I can do to make pdplayer perform as well on Linux as on Windows? Is there any settings I can do?

Br,
    Hampus

Comment

There aren't settings to rectify. The performance depends on your system and the size of the window. It is normal for the fps to drop proportionally to the size increase of the window.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar!

I see, strange thing is that the fps counter is running even without the player playing and uses approx 46% of one cpu core just being open.
        I tried the OMP_WAIT_POLICY trick outlined in the help to no avail.

Also, what would be recommended specs for 4K playback on pdplayer/linux?

Thanks yet again for your excellent support.

Br,
        HHH

Comment

The player refreshes the screen with the set fps regardless of there being a playback or not. It seems in Linux, the CPU usage is constant (when in foreground) and does not relate to the window size, unlike in Windows. One thing you can try is to 'Allow skipping frames' (Right-click on the fps counter), which enables the skipping of frames in order to maintain the frame rate. See if it improves the performance.

Can't really say about the hardware question, what PDPlayer does is load images from the HDD/SDD to the RAM and visualize it on the CPU. Perhaps a more powerful CPU could yield better framerates.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X