No announcement yet.

v3.20.03 Render Mask Opacity - Broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v3.20.03 Render Mask Opacity - Broken?

Hi,

I recently installed v3.20.03. I noticed that Opacity in Render Mask seems to be broken. Is that correct? It used to work on my previous version.

Andres
    Attached Files

Hi,

This is a bug and our developers are working on a fix for it. We will update the thread when the fix came out.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello again Andres,

Could you please attach or send your scene to support@chaosgroup.com to confirm that the bug we are working to solve is the same as the one you have encountered?
      Thank you very much.

Comment

Has this been resolved?
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
          Has this been resolved?
          There is still an issue with Opacity maps and Progressive image sampler when using the render mask feature. But it could be something different in your case, so please send us some images or max files.

Comment

It's the exact case of what the OP posted. Using progressive or bucket on a tree with opacity mapped leaves, the render mask uses the geometry as the mask not the opacity map.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
              It's the exact case of what the OP posted. Using progressive or bucket on a tree with opacity mapped leaves, the render mask uses the geometry as the mask not the opacity map.
              It would be best to attach one example of the setup you are using to avoid mistakes.
              And please let me know what is the V-Ray build you are using?

Comment

Ok so I've just created a very simple scene for this. I'm using the latest nightly build. The issue persists either with bucket or progressive. The case is, I want to render the checkered plane with an opacity map. So what I'd like to see "re-rendered" are the white tiles (so the black tiles should in fact show black and not the background). I don't know if this is at all possible actually. Seeing as there are 2 threads about this and no answers from the OPs posting a scene; I've attached it to this post.

I've tried with all the opacity modes and I cleared the channel everytime I rendered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	864248

Opacity_rendermask.zip
                Last edited by Vizioen; 17-11-2016, 08:35 AM.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Ok, this makes everything clear now. Since the render mask feature uses only camera rays to derive the final render region, it is not possible to get a mask from the object transparency. Furthermore this functionality would be very helpful for rendering glass or windows for an example where the user wants to keep the data behind the "Render mask" geometry. What you can do in this situation is to make all objects behind the "Render Mask" invisible to camera or matte and thus get black color for the transparent area.

Comment

Working...
                  X