VFB to Pdplayer button not present in OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB to Pdplayer button not present in OSX

I'm guessing this is very old and has probably been covered before but... I'm now using VRay a lot with Maya on my Mac and Windows machine and I notice that the button linking the VFB to Pdplayer is not present in Maya. I'm using the latest version of VRay for Maya and I'm on the latest version of El Capitan. Is there something I need to enable or this feature is just not present in OSX?
    Maya, Modo, Houdini, Harmony
    2018 MBP, 32Gb, 2.9Ghz i9, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4Gb

We do not support that feature on OS X unfortunately. If it is important for your workflow, we can certainly work on it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure there are bigger fish to fry at the moment for you and your development team. It would be nice but certainly not required. I was simply more interested in just knowing if there was something I was doing wrong.

I've always liked VRay and I've used it in some of my projects. With AD buying Arnold and MR going away, IMHO, it opens up big doors for VRay. Arnold is interesting and has some nice features to it but it does not come close to doing full photo-realistic renders like can be done with VRay. I see having both in my bag of tricks for what I do for my clients as a real plus and with VRay in Modo I'm really excited. Like I said, I'm shifting from using VRay a little to using VRay probably 60%-75% of the time which is great in my book.

Thanks again!
      Maya, Modo, Houdini, Harmony
      2018 MBP, 32Gb, 2.9Ghz i9, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4Gb

Comment

Thanks, this is really great to know Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X