X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .vri

Hi,

Is it possible to add .vri extension ?
    As far as I know AE (with ProEXR) don't load .vrimg but the .vri renamed extension.
    Would be great if we also can save .vri directly from VFB settings instead of rename the whole frames at each render.
    Thanks,
    Shop | Work | Blog

What is actually .vri extension, is it another file format or it is just renamed .vrimg to .vri?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi,

Same file format but I don't know why AE only open renamed .vrimg
      > http://fnordware.blogspot.fr/2012/04...available.html
      Each time I render a seq I'm doing a massive rename (ren *.vrimg *.vri) but I loose tha ability to play the sequence with PDPlayer - and I really want to use vrimg as they load faster in AE ^^
      Thanks
      Shop | Work | Blog

Comment

PDPlayer already supports .vrimg files, I don't think it is reasonable to change anything here.
        More logical would be to request Adobe to implement support for .vrimg file format.

Comment

Actually the problem is that AE only accepts three characters for the extension, so people have had to rename .vrimg to .vri in order to get it to load. Even though this is an Adobe issue, I can see where trying to work on the same animation sequence can be frustrating... will think about it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Until we find a way to resolve AE character extension issue, we have a PDPlayer build which reads .vrimg files renamed to .vri extension.
            If you would like to test it out please drop us an email at support@chaosgroup.com , include a link to this thread and put "in attention of Svetlozar Draganov" in the subject.

Comment

Working...
            X