Foam is not on the surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam is not on the surface

Hi Why when I have high waves 3 meters foam from the ship does not contour around ocean mesh. it stays above wave holes

UPDATE: surface lock did nothing
    Last edited by cb LLC; 18-06-2018, 08:03 PM.

looking at liquid and final mesh you can clearly see why foam does not lay properly. It contours liquid particles but not actual mesh. What can be does so foam lays on mesh
    I also tried both vector mode on and off in the ocean texture liquid particles still stay flat
    Last edited by cb LLC; 18-06-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Ok after reading this post https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...am-above-water
      I added foam shader. I added Phoenix grid to simulator and foam still does not get displaced with mesh
      I attached the scene just in case using 3.10.00, Build ID: 180218
      Thanks
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cb LLC; 18-06-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Hey,

The displacement is not affecting the foam and splashes in the viewport preview (it's in the to do list), but it's all good in the renders.
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.zhekov View Post
          Hey,

The displacement is not affecting the foam and splashes in the viewport preview (it's in the to do list), but it's all good in the renders.
          Hi I use octane is it the reason it is not working even during rendering? Thanks

Comment

also when using phoenix presets for ocean it is not showing mesh when show mesh is ON

Comment

Hey, we'll check it with Octane, but probably that's the reason. It's working correctly when using V-Ray. As for the mesh - when using the ocean preset we assign a refractive V-Ray material to the mesh and if you're using Octane and it's not supported it's possible to not show the mesh. If you assign different material - does it work?
              Georgi Zhekov
              Phoenix Product Manager
              Chaos

Comment

Hey, we'll check it with Octane, but probably that's the reason. It's working correctly when using V-Ray. As for the mesh - when using the ocean preset we assign a refractive V-Ray material to the mesh and if you're using Octane and it's not supported it's possible to not show the mesh. If you assign different material - does it work?
                Thanks lot! Changing material fixed disappearing mesh problem. Hopefully you'll be able to find the way to render with octane.

Comment

Hey,
                  As far as the displacement issue goes - it's up to the Octane guys to fix that so it's best to let them know about that
                  Georgi Zhekov
                  Phoenix Product Manager
                  Chaos

Comment

Hey,
                    As far as the displacement issue goes - it's up to the Octane guys to fix that so it's best to let them know about that
                    Thanks for letting me know that it is a problem on their end.

Comment

Hey,
                      Hi Are you planning to fix displacement of foam preview in a viewport anytime soon? I think octane reads data from preview and not internally. Not sure about otoy people or if they will ever fix it. Thank you!

Comment

It's in the to do list, but unfortunately I can't give an exact estimation when that would happen. I will update this thread once we have something.

Thanks,
                        Georgi Zhekov
                        Phoenix Product Manager
                        Chaos

Comment

Working...
                        X