Interactive simulation quit partway through with a licensing error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive simulation quit partway through with a licensing error

One of our artists was running an interactive PhoenixFD simulation from an interactive Maya session when halfway through the simulation stopped and the following error occurred:

// Error: Could not obtain a Simulation license! Error code: -98. // // Phoenix FD: Simulation stopped. //

Any idea why a sim would be terminated in the middle due to a licensing error?

1) If another artist opens PhoenixFD from Maya will this impact other people's sims?
    2) If our license server goes down during a sim could the above error happen?
    3) This user is on PhoenixFD 3.0. We also have users on 3.11. Could that account for the issue?

Thanks.

Hey, since Phoenix 3.0 we added automatic retry to obtain the license which will not stop a simulation results n the middle.
    Last edited by Svetlin.Nikolov; 18-10-2018, 11:28 PM.
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

So this is 3.05.00 so it should have regained a license and continued.

1) Just wondering why it released the license halfway through the simulation? You'd think it would hold until done.
      2) And it never regained a license, but at the time every sim license was engaged. Will it eventually give up trying to regain a license?

I assume the error dialogue only comes up when Phoenix was unable to grab a license after trying multiple times.

Thanks

Comment

I'm sorry, I mean that we added this between 3.0 and now. After checking the changelogs at https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...on+Change+Logs, I see I added the automatic license re-acquire in Phoenix 3.10, so you better grab a newer version. Id advise you to do that since we've been stabilizing and optimizing a lot of the code since 3.05.

I cannot answer why the license was dropped though. Could be a network issue or any other problem preventing Phoenix from communicating with the license server...

Cheers!
        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Thanks. We are currently testing our Maya 2016.5 shows with Phoenix 3.10.00 and it seems to be working (with V-Ray 3.40.03). The Maya2018 shows are already on Phoenix 3.11.00.

Comment

Working...
          X