Water artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water artifacts

Let's get back to accidentally closed topic.

I do have some hdd space, so spend another several days to show (once again) the problem. This can be described as boiling....

still hasn't shown any of the above screenshots by frame 109
    Hope now it is more noticeable. Also, I checked foam and splashes, so you won't waste a second.

P.S. Also, it looks that water is overreacting to oceantex. It is way faster now. Tho, the blocky meshing is fixed, but it wasn't mentioned in changelog. Sorry, I don't have links for the proper dev changelog submission. Will try to find it, will dabarti help here ?

https://vimeo.com/326204419/a99a2ac8a4
    https://vimeo.com/326204431/be199fc03f
    https://vimeo.com/326204442/56dd869fc8

and the result with caustics, so you can get the idea, that this is quite "visible"

Nope, started working on other stuff that will have more visible effect.
    https://vimeo.com/326204621/763864c3b3
    Attached Files
    i see nothing here
    0%
    something is wrong here
    0%
    run out of hdd space
    100.00%
    Last edited by Paul Oblomov; 24-03-2019, 01:44 PM.
    I just can't seem to trust myself
    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CG Artist

Thanks, I already have the 265M voxel scene and it's logged. In case I have several days, I will check it.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Bump ?

Btw - what math is behind phx ocean tex ? As I remember it was not tessendorf (idk any other papers )
      CG Artist

Comment

It's TODO. Not sure it matters how the ocean texture is implemented internally...

Comment

No, I just wanted to ask about the math behind it. Have problems with generating waves in H - they look far from interesting and maybe there's a papers to read...
          CG Artist

Comment

I see, that nothing has changed. Just wondering, when phx will be usable to me again
            CG Artist

Comment

For now the circumstances haven't changed - since the scene takes days to simulate, reproduce and iterate on simplifying the issue and finding the cause, other work is worth investing the same time instead. If you could participate in reproducing the issue in a clear and unambiguous way, it would be very helpful.

Comment

Heh. Imagine, vlado will tell me 'hey, I don't like your scene, give me another one' I will continue to wait, maybe they will buy you fast enough pc one day
                CG Artist

Comment

Paul, please act in line with a person who has been around for long and knows how to report issues. Throwing a scene in and saying that something is wrong at some point so here you go please figure this out for me does not add credibility to this issue, and it gets constantly overtaken by others that can be fixed quickly. If this issue does not reproduce for you with a simpler scene, then then it's neither a common scenario that could hit many others, nor making the software unusable to you, so it's of lower priority and we better dedicate effort to issues that are of interest to several users or are blockers to such. If you can help but instead you are being toxic just to prove a point, then again it's not something for us to look at. If you do care about the software, please help and please value our time because it's in everyone's mutual interest that the software performs to the best. If you can't or don't wish to help, the issue is logged and it's waiting, and we'll ping you when there's more news.

Comment

Toxic. Right. More than half a year I'm trying to fix this issue, showing you the videos and giving scenes. You closed one topic telling that it is so long to simulate, that is why it is lo priority. Are you kidding? Give me another scene, because
                    this one is long to simulate?! I am really speechless. If we will take similar issue from another threads - more than a year no fix. Just tell me - you refuse to work on this issue? You find this press and simulate scene toxic? I never saw this kind of reaction to a 100% repeoducable issue with a scene, with screenshots and videos.
                    CG Artist

Comment

Paul, as I said, you are always welcome to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X