Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me to be able to upload and use Rebusfarm to render my my 3dsmax 2015 and Phoenix 3.0 sim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me to be able to upload and use Rebusfarm to render my my 3dsmax 2015 and Phoenix 3.0 sim

Good day evening or night
    I have tried to use Rebusfarm to render a heavy water sim
    however an error involving a variable $ , seems to stop any upload
    and giving a general errror
    Already contacted their support , and I don't rally know How to
    modify terms of simulation files and this is what I need a solution for
    Transcript of what Rebusfarm support says :
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    error :P
    "PhoenixFD: "$" not allowed in input path. Use absolute path instead of "$(same_as_output)".

This means, you have specified the location of an input (most likely your simulation sequence) with variables in the file path (anything with a "$" in the file path is a variable). This would not work on the farm. Please update these file paths to absolute ones (so, instead of "$(same_as_output)\filename.bin" use "D:\some\folder\filename.bin".

If you are unsure where or how to specify input paths for PhoenixFD objects, please refer to the PhoenixFD documentation.

best regards / beste gr?sse,

Torsten
    rebusfarm.net

--------------------------
    Please help me to fix that and go on using render farms to render Phoenix FD as I am on a deadline
    Thanks in advance

Umm, what happens if you name your Output and Input cache paths the way the Rebus guys advised? E.g. set both to C:\cache_####.aur?
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

How do you do it step by step? I already calculated my cache for many many hours and didn't enable resimulation
      never use it for liqid simulations
      Do I really have to start over my simulation ? better Render run it 16 hours for my CPU
      or can I rename existing cache files ?
      never had to name my .aur cache files before , sorry.
      Please tell me How
      Last edited by lzmihich; 23-12-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Go to the input rollout and browse to your caches, then go to the output rollout and browse again
        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Thank you
          I hope I can rename it , or I just will create
          a new suitable named cache, as you suggested

Comment

Working...
          X