Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you try to render this (stuck on processing geometry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you try to render this (stuck on processing geometry)

Hi Here is the link to the scene. Also please install madcar (attached to play animation) For some reason sim 388 works and sim 389 does not I just wonder if it is octane or phoenix is messing up. Could you render the sequence 388-389. Thanks

Link https://wetransfer.com/downloads/222...8014227/2f6b29

UPDATE:

it looks like the problem happens when the camera is linked to the moving raft. I guess phoenix creates endless ocean in frame 389 and does something that 3ds max is stuck on processing geometry for 30 min
    Last edited by cb LLC; 17-05-2018, 07:21 PM.

Another update:
    I think this is Phoenix bug with fast moving cameras especially when camera looks up and down very fast. In our case we had another camera moving away from the boat withe shake/noise added (storm effect) and because of fast noise phoenix makes 3ds max stuck at processing geometry. Something to do with endless ocean Thank you

Comment

Hi,
      we've checked the scene and there are some more things to be made to reach a proper conclusion what's causing the slowdown.

- Can you test the scene with Scanline or V-Ray?
      - Which Octane version do you use?
      - Would you simplify the scene and remove all the unneeded assets, cameras, plugins etc., because we hit a crash while opening the scenes on 2 machines and managed to open it and render it with V-Ray on another machine without any slowdown.
      George Barzinski
      QA Phoenix FD

Comment

Hey, just an additional note - the crash is while Octane is reading its parameters from the saved scene, so it seems like a compatibility issue between the Octane version you are using and the latest Octane demo we used for opening the scene - this is why the Octane version you use is important, so that we can reproduce the issue more accurately and be closer to your setup.
        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Hi I just got your message. I am using 2018.4 3ds max Octane version 3.08 - 5.07. Unfortunately I cannot test it with any other renderers. I will try to get a simplified scene Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X