Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geo colliding with liquid surface, liquid penetrates through.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geo colliding with liquid surface, liquid penetrates through.

I'm trying to test a foot print type effect, but the foot is invisble so you would see the impression of the foot. in my Test here when I lower the geo into the 1/4 filled grid, the first frame of penetration looks good, but immediately after some of the liquid pops into the volumes. Ive tried high grid resolution and also high spf. Same results with both tests. Even tried "clear inside" on the geo and it just made the error look different. Am I missing something? I'm using Maya 2016 and PHX 3.10.00, build ID: 180213

Hey,

If your geometry in Solid mode, or is it unchecked (from the Phoenix extra attributes)? Clear Inside should be needed only if the geometry is not solid, and in this case it will not push the fluid, but just erase it, so using just a Solid obstacle geometry should be enough.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The Geo is set to solid. That is the default setting I believe. And yes I was just trying different things. I got the same result before I tried setting "clear inside".

Tried again with extruded geo so there is an inside face, still getting pretty ugly results. Is it a grid resolution issue?

Comment

Hmmm, can you send that scene over so we can check it, or try it with a very latest nightly?

Comment

Hi,

just for reference, you can use a Quick Water preset - delete the source and enable Initial fillup, uncheck Fillup for Ocean option. With latest nighlty build results should look like these (low and high res):

Click image for larger version  Name:	maya_2018-05-23_10-27-46.png Views:	1 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	996955 ​​​
          Attached Files
          Last edited by George Barzinski; 23-05-2018, 01:05 AM.
          George Barzinski
          QA Phoenix FD

Comment

Thanks guys,

I'll try a different version and also try starting with the preset.

Dave

Comment

George, question. Did you move that sphere down into the liquid after it was born? or did you "fill" the grid with the sphere in place? My results were after animating the objects into the grid surface.

Dave

Comment

Hey, if I may insist, please send the scene over so we can make sure there isn't any issue on our side, which will remain unfixed if you simply work around it

Cheers!

Comment

Yes of course. I tried uploading here but denied the ".mb" file. How can I send to you guys?

Dave

Comment

Ah, if you zip it I think you'll bypass the forum checks

Comment

ok try this one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ah, thanks! I should have seen it in the screenshots - so the geometries are hollow and the Fillup for Ocean option creates liquid on the inside of them. You just gotta use solid geometries without cavities that go under the ocean level.

If you want to not have to think about that at all with this setup, disable the initial fillup from the simulator, create a box with the size of the ground, and from its Phoenix extra attributes use "Initial Liquid Fill".

Cheers!

Comment

... and you have to jam the simualtor's side walls.

You should also be able to just uncheck 'fillup for ocean' and keep using the simulator's initial fillup.

Comment

Working...
                          X