Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BENCHMARK RESULTS - Improvements / Request

BENCHMARK RESULTS - Improvements / Request

I wanted to give some feedback on the benchmark results. I think they are much less useful than they could be with a few changes. I believe most people will go to the results to try to understand the relative performance of current GPUs/CPUs...i.e. how does a 2080ti compare to a 1070ti. Which should I buy?

However, the current results make this a very difficult task. The current results represent a hard to organize a catalog of unique computer configurations. This offers little in the way of useful/actionable information for users. Useful insight can only be derived with some effort.

For instance....
    - Results can be sorted by mpaths only.....I cant imagine how this can actually be useful for a user. However, organizing by number of GPUs would be extremely helpful. Same with number of CPU cores.
    - Results can not be sorted by the number of benchmark runs/results....This would be helpful as often the simplest setups 1 CPU 1 GPU, Or 1GPU tend to have many runs. Currently, you must dig through the results to find these useful entires. If you could sort by runs, then the most useful results would float to the top.

I really believe that the value in having benchmark results is in being able to use the info to quickly compare hardware and make decisions.....now this is currently impossible without 20 min and a spreadsheet.

Please consider changing the results to first be useful and help users inform their hardware decisions, and not simply be a giant catalog of nearly useless information about the performance of unique computer configurations.

Hi, thank you for the constructive feedback!
    We know that a lot of our users are unhappy with the current filtering on the website, and we're currently working on improving it.
    There'll be an update with some advanced search options shortly after releasing V-Ray 5 Benchmark.
    We've taken in mind organising the results by number of devices (and total logical cores), hiding hybrid configurations, as well as some other stuff, so stay tuned!

Comment

Hello,

V-Ray 5 Benchmark is available now, coming with a new results page.
      Would you like to share your feedback on it?

Best regards,
      Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by daniel.taskoff View Post
        Would you like to share your feedback on it?
        Hi Daniel,

My overall impression is that the change is positive, but also very minor. The most useful feature would be to allow us to sort the results by

1) Number of GPU's/CPU's

2) Number of Benchmarks

3) Number of logical cores

The 'Hide hybrid configurations' toggle is great. It would be nice to have a second toggle for 'single GPU/CPU configurations'

Hope to see these changes in the final release.

Comment

Hi,

This advanced search shows single GPU configurations. You can do a similar search, to achieve single CPU configurations.
          As for the other things, we'll gradually make it possible to filter/sort by all of the columns.

Best regards,
          Daniel

Comment

Hi,

This advanced search shows single GPU configurations. You can do a similar search, to achieve single CPU configurations.
            As for the other things, we'll gradually make it possible to filter/sort by all of the columns.

Best regards,
            Daniel

I'm sorry I didn't see the advanced search. That's great!

If I can offer feedback, maybe just make the location of the advanced search more visually obvious. The word advanced search next to the drop down might help. But, maybe that is just me.

Thanks, great work!

Comment

CityWrecker, you may want to check the latest update of the results page.
              We made the advanced search more noticeable, and added some options for sorting by different columns.

Comment

CityWrecker, you may want to check the latest update of the results page.
                We made the advanced search more noticeable, and added some options for sorting by different columns.

Looks fantastic!

The benchmark results are now everything I could ask for. Thanks for all the hard work!

Comment

Working...
                X