Denoiser testers wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deep-Image View Post
    Should the denoiser be running across multiple GPU's? We have hardware acceleration activated & 3 gpu's intalled (not in sli as per Ben's comment: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...ght=nvidia+sli) but only one card is kicks in when the denoiser runs
    The denoiser in the VFB runs on the most suitable GPU in V-Ray 3.40.
    The vdenoise.exe has the option -useGpu=0/1/2. When 1, only the most suitable GPU will be used. When 2, all the GPUs will be used for denoising. With some of the next updates we plan to make the denoiser using all the GPUs in the VFB as well, but it was a bit risky at this point. It is the first GPU accelerated thing in the V-Ray Adv workflow and we wanted to clear up all the issues that are coming with that first.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

• Cheers for the info, I haven't actually had chance to explore vdenoise.exe yet! Off the cuff as I'm not at my computer to check, when using the vDenoise Command Line tool Helper can we access the -useGpu option?

Comment

Cheers for the info, I haven't actually had chance to explore vdenoise.exe yet! Off the cuff as I'm not at my computer to check, when using the vDenoise Command Line tool Helper can we access the -useGpu option?
        edit: I missed you were asking for the tool helper. I will check that.
        Last edited by savage309; 04-06-2016, 02:13 AM.
        V-Ray fan.
        RTX ON

Comment

Cheers for the info, I haven't actually had chance to explore vdenoise.exe yet! Off the cuff as I'm not at my computer to check, when using the vDenoise Command Line tool Helper can we access the -useGpu option?
          Well, in the performance options, yes.
          http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...(Maxscript-UI)
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Cheers guys, I'll check it out later today!

Comment

• Originally posted by savage309 View Post
              Hm, it is not good that it happens so rarely. Any clue - does it happen during the denoising phase or during the rendering one ? Was it big resolution ? If it happens again and manage to check the last few lines in the V-Ray render messages, this might help.
              Thanks,
              Best,
              Blago.
              Hmmm...good questions...

Lessee...I was just pretty much letting it GPU-render and going back and forth between the RGB color and the Denoiser elements in the VFB when the problem occurred. I suspect that while GPU rendering, the denoiser runs every time you switch to it? Resolution was just 2500x1500. I'll keep trying to reproduce it...

-Alan

Comment

• Hey guys,

which GPUs gives the best performance with the denoiser?
                Currently I work with the GTX 980 Ti.
                Olaf Bendfeldt
                3D-Artist
                dimension3+

Comment

• Originally posted by dimension3plus View Post
                  Hey guys,

which GPUs gives the best performance with the denoiser?
                  Currently I work with the GTX 980 Ti.
                  We have done a few tests with the current denoiser implementation and you can see the results here .
                  V-Ray fan.
                  RTX ON

Comment

• Great job with the denoiser guys. Thanks for your hard work on SP4 in general. Attached are my tests on an IKEA kitchen scene I've been making in my spare time. I inadvertently set the noise threshold to 0.05 instead of 0.005 with AA of 1/7. With default denoiser settings the result is below (BF/LC - render time: 13m30sec @ 3000x2000)
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Hart View Post
                      Great job with the denoiser guys. Thanks for your hard work on SP4 in general. Attached are my tests on an IKEA kitchen scene I've been making in my spare time. I inadvertently set the noise threshold to 0.05 instead of 0.005 with AA of 1/7. With default denoiser settings the result is below (BF/LC - render time: 13m30sec @ 3000x2000)
                      Looks good Hopefully you can find a use for the denoiser.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                      X