Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.40.03 for 3ds Max is available for download

Hi all,

we are pleased to announce an update of V-Ray 3.40 for 3ds Max. The builds can be found here https://download.chaosgroup.com/?product=47&platform=49
    and the changelog follows:

Build 3.40.03 (official) (30 August 2016)
    ==============

Modified features:
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Added channel data interval information to the cache info;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Create default lights for the GPU preview if there are none;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Rename "Analytic" scattering to "Approximate";

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: 3ds Max was crashing when switching focus to it with a radio button active;
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed rendering slowdown on the main machine with DR since 3.40.01;
    (*) V-Ray: Enabled back running on Windows XP;
    (*) V-Ray: It was possible to add empty servers addresses for DR;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Color mapping "Affect background" was not exported;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Crash with Ornatrix hairs placed on top of VRayDisplacementMod;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Region rendering with DR was very slow during ActiveShade;
    (*) VRay RT GPU: Enabled back VRayTriplanarTex for bump, since 3.40.01;
    (*) VRay RT GPU: Misplaced bump map with UDIM tiling;
    (*) VRay RT GPU: VRayBumpMtl was not working with VRayEdgesTex when the base material also has bump;
    (*) VRayColor2Bump: Bump effect was offset;
    (*) VRayProxy: Preview meshes were not loading when opening scenes with XRef scenes in them;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Crash when deleting a light that is excluded in the GPU preview list;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Crash when loading a cache while RT is running;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Krakatoa and Stoke MX were using the same frame from the velocity field of imported caches;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Using Self-illumination, results were different according to number of rendering cores;

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Kazandzhiev
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Thanks for this update! For once, I received the update email before seeing it myself
    Didn't saw the new site before, nice and well done, congrats !

Comment

Thanks Chaosgroup!
      I downloaded and installed (I think) this update, but it still says V-ray Adv 3.40.01 in the rendersettings. Did something go wrong with my installation or did you just forget to change the name?

Comment

Hi skogskalle, looks properly here, can you check what's the version on the installer it should match.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Originally posted by skogskalle View Post
          Thanks Chaosgroup!
          I downloaded and installed (I think) this update, but it still says V-ray Adv 3.40.01 in the rendersettings. Did something go wrong with my installation or did you just forget to change the name?
          It's ok for me... probably something went wrong with your installation...it seems...

Comment

I'm curious about the fixed dr slowdown on main computer. How slow was it before and did it always show up or only in specific circumstances?
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ok thanks, ill try again then. Must have downloaded the wrong version?

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
                I'm curious about the fixed dr slowdown on main computer. How slow was it before and did it always show up or only in specific circumstances?
                It was about this issue http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...w-with-phoenix Apparently it was due to changes in the DR code but not Phoenix FD. As far as I remember with the specific scene the first frame was taking about 20 seconds (on my machine), the next about 40-50 and then something like 2+ minutes.

Best regards,
                Alexander
                Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Originally posted by alexander.kazandzhiev View Post
                  It was about this issue http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...w-with-phoenix Apparently it was due to changes in the DR code but not Phoenix FD. As far as I remember with the specific scene the first frame was taking about 20 seconds (on my machine), the next about 40-50 and then something like 2+ minutes.

Best regards,
                  Alexander
                  yay, i contributed !
                  anthonyh

Comment

Originally posted by alexander.kazandzhiev View Post
                    Thanks for the explanation.
                    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

(*) V-Ray RT: Color mapping "Affect background" was not exported;

I thought this fixed the issue that we have a gray BG in RT as opposed to a pure white as set in the environment background color. Seems the camera somehow exposes the background too despite that checkbox not being ticked. Renders perfect white in production but not RT. Sadly not fixed - or am I doing something wrong?
                      Software:
                      Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                      3ds Max 2016 SP4
                      V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                      Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
                      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
                      64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

This Modify is related to below.
                        http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthread.php?89499

V-Ray does not support "Affect background" with a progressive sample (include RT).

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                        oakcorp.net
                        v-ray.jp

Comment

Still on v3.40.02 but I'm currently mid project approaching a deadline so I'm hesitant to upgrade.

However, I'm having an issue with vrayvolumegrid+motion blur with DR. My buckets have slight variations between my workstation and slave nodes (with and without cache on). It seems like you squashed some bugs in .03 related to DR and volumegrids. Would upgrading now fix my problem or is it something else?

Comment

No other way to know than to try it out, unfortunately. The 3.40.03 build does have some fixes for the volume grid, but I don't know if they will solve your issue.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                            X